Imnobody360

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x

GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi

RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 32gb (4x8) 3600mhz

CPU AIO: Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix
Case: Corsair iCUE 5000x RGB

PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 750w

I have been getting consistent but random blue screens with mostly the code ‘SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION’

after a few minutes in games and editing, not even pushing my pc anywhere near it’s limits. Temps are good, CPU usually at around 30°C idle and around 48-50°C under load. I only noticed the problem after switching cases and installing the new CPU cooler, and the 3 other fans in the case, ontop of the 4 extra ones I had (I unplugged the extra ones to test, which were powered by the MB and still had the issue) the rest of the case fans and radiator fans are plugged into the fan/rgb hub that came with the cooler, not the case, is powered by the extra SATA connector from the PSU. I’ve also tested for it to be a software issue, and it’s not, so I imagine it’s either from the new cooler, or too many fans, but I don’t know how to fix it and I thought a 750w PSU would be more than enough

For your build 750w should be plenty.

My guess is that there may have be some sort of software conflict, you stated that you ruled out it being a software issue, but I wasn't sure how you tested that exactly.

A cooler wouldn't generally cause this type of issue. 

Have you already tried using the PC with only one stick of ram?

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

6 minutes ago, Emanbaird said:

For your build 750w should be plenty.

My guess is that there may have be some sort of software conflict, you stated that you ruled out it being a software issue, but I wasn't sure how you tested that exactly.

A cooler wouldn't generally cause this type of issue. 

Have you already tried using the PC with only one stick of ram?

No but the only thing in my build that has changed in the last year were just the case and the cooler/fans, and never had any issues with RAM, and only ever 1 total BSOD and that was caused by a game. So that’s why im guessing it has to do with that. The problem started happening as soon as I made these upgrades

1 minute ago, Imnobody360 said:

No but the only thing in my build that has changed in the last year were just the case and the cooler/fans, and never had any issues with RAM, and only ever 1 total BSOD and that was caused by a game. So that’s why im guessing it has to do with that. The problem started happening as soon as I made these upgrades

I should mention that I am running windows 11 but i never had any issues with my PC with it till now

Is there any sort of fan controller or does the cooler automatically install any software?

I've had issues with this and razer where I would plugin a device, windows would automatically install a driver and it would effectively brick my system. It could also be possible that the ram would just need a re-seat, but I would personally start with uninstalling any drivers/programs that were installed if there was any, then I would move to just trying it on one stick of ram.

Personally in all my years of computing I've never seen a fan cause BSOD's or any issues by itself. That doesn't mean it isn't possible, but personally I've never seen it.

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

3 minutes ago, Imnobody360 said:

I should mention that I am running windows 11 but i never had any issues with my PC with it till now

Were the issues occurring when you were on W10?

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

1 minute ago, Emanbaird said:

Were the issues occurring when you were on W10?

No, I made the upgrades after I went to W11 so i wouldnt know

2 minutes ago, Emanbaird said:

Is there any sort of fan controller or does the cooler automatically install any software?

I've had issues with this and razer where I would plugin a device, windows would automatically install a driver and it would effectively brick my system. It could also be possible that the ram would just need a re-seat, but I would personally start with uninstalling any drivers/programs that were installed if there was any, then I would move to just trying it on one stick of ram.

Personally in all my years of computing I've never seen a fan cause BSOD's or any issues by itself. That doesn't mean it isn't possible, but personally I've never seen it.

I installed the Corsair iCUE program to control the fans and rgb and that’s it. Only drivers i installed where my NVIDIA drivers semi recently and that was before the upgrade and never caused any issues. I also did reseat the ram sticks and it made no difference

No, I made the upgrades after I went to W11 so i wouldnt know

I've had issues with iCUE in the past, also if you upgraded to W11 at the same time you upgraded your case/fans/cooler then we wouldn't have any way of ruling that out.

Personally I would uninstall iCUE first to see if the issues persist.

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

1 minute ago, Emanbaird said:

I've had issues with iCUE in the past, also if you upgraded to W11 at the same time you upgraded your case/fans/cooler then we wouldn't have any way of ruling that out.

Alright! I will test and see if anything changes

If you can find the crash dumps (mini dumps) upload the files here, I can read them and pinpoint what's causing the BSOD

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

12 minutes ago, Imnobody360 said:

Alright! I will test and see if anything changes

14 minutes ago, Emanbaird said:

I think this may have fixed it! No BSOD yet and general navigation around in game menu has been actually smoother since I uninstalled the program. Will follow up if the problem persists but I think it may have been fixed. Do you know of any other way to control RGB and such without using that program?

Alright, update. I uninstalled the rgb/fan controller program and it SEEMED to work, no BSOD yet, but Call Of Duty: Vanguard crashed on me again which again only started happening after all these changes, so I'm unsure of what to do now

12 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

If you can find the crash dumps (mini dumps) upload the files here, I can read them and pinpoint what's causing the BSOD

I'm not sure how to do that

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

13 minutes ago, Imnobody360 said:

I think this may have fixed it! No BSOD yet and general navigation around in game menu has been actually smoother since I uninstalled the program. Will follow up if the problem persists but I think it may have been fixed. Do you know of any other way to control RGB and such without using that program?

Your motherboard *might* be able to control the RGB if you plug the RGB directly into an RGB header. But otherwise I try to stay away from RGB, or things that require hefty software in order to run properly.

As for why COD is crashing it's hard to say if it doesn't give you any codes. You could try uninstalling/cleaning your drivers with DDU and then reinstalling them to see if the issue persists. 

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

28 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

30 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I tried uploading dump files and got "Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file."

uninstall iCue and see again. One of the versions Corsair had up on their website would cause my previous system to BSOD moment installation finished. Accidentally installed that same version months later and was annoyed af again. Couldn't believe Corsair had kept that version up still.

1 hour ago, Imnobody360 said:

I tried uploading dump files and got "Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file."

Hmmm..how big is the file The minidump files should be well within the size limits. The full crash dumps are both too large, and unneeded.

28 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Hmmm..how big is the file The minidump files should be well within the size limits. The full crash dumps are both too large, and unneeded.

10mb. This whole thing is really bothering me, cause I never had an issue like this till i got the new cooler, case and fans

2 hours ago, Emanbaird said:

Your motherboard *might* be able to control the RGB if you plug the RGB directly into an RGB header. But otherwise I try to stay away from RGB, or things that require hefty software in order to run properly.

As for why COD is crashing it's hard to say if it doesn't give you any codes. You could try uninstalling/cleaning your drivers with DDU and then reinstalling them to see if the issue persists. 

I tried all this, and I don't know what to do cause it keeps happening. I can play a game for like 15 minutes or so till it crashes and it runs perfectly fine

12 minutes ago, Imnobody360 said:

I tried all this, and I don't know what to do cause it keeps happening. I can play a game for like 15 minutes or so till it crashes and it runs perfectly fine

Is it happening for all games or just cod?

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

14 minutes ago, Imnobody360 said:

10mb. This whole thing is really bothering me, cause I never had an issue like this till i got the new cooler, case and fans

throw it on google drive and PM me a link

5 minutes ago, Emanbaird said:

Is it happening for all games or just cod?

I’ve only tried cod so far just to test if the problem was solved but i’ll try something else