How to Safely Try Windows 11 (SPONSORED)

BellLMG
4 minutes ago, Jaesop said:

I mean, it is absolutely an alternative in that it's another option for an OS.

On a thread specifically about upgrading to Windows 11, this is not only what I would consider pointless but not an equal tradeoff or comparison.

6 minutes ago, Jaesop said:

Linus ran into a massive bug with PopOS. Aside from that, they didn't run into any issues

I haven't ever run into a bug, let alone massive, when installing Windows over the years.

Not to be rude honestly, but why even push Linux in this thread? Let the people enjoy their Windows installations. 😌

9 minutes ago, ideekay0 said:

I haven't ever run into a bug, let alone massive, when installing Windows over the years.

There was no bug on installing any of the three distros. There was a bug when installing an app. I can point you to plenty of Windows bugs of a similar impact.

Not to be rude honestly, but why even push Linux in this thread? Let the people enjoy their Windows installations. 😌

I'm not and haven't been pushing Linux in this thread. I've been responding to other people who have brought it up.

• 3 weeks later...

So I tried Acronis image. Usually I just DD entire partitions, or use clonezilla.

Overall I its the best hassel free backup I've ever seen.

However, I am not impressed with how arrogant the software is. When you close it, it goes to the system try. When you right click the system try (or left click) there is no option to exit. It has to be on 'all the time' and you dear user don't get a say in it, if you don't want it running... you have to uninstall.