Will Halo Infinite 60fps be possible with good graphics on a GTX 1060 6gb?

Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,
1 minute ago, AltF4_345 said:

I do know that consoles are better optimized, being as you said it a static config, but it would be nice to play the game at medium with 60fps. PC requirements always confuses me, they usually not even state at what resolution and framerate the recommended requirements aim for. A 2070 is too much in my opinion if it aims for 1080p 60fps, which is the resolution that I play on. 

Its hard to 100% definitely state how it will run until it launches, we can only surmise based on the minimum hardware requirements that your GPU, the 1060 6gb is right on the cusp of the low end, so I would wager you will get a decent experience at a mix of low and medium settings. 

I currently have a GTX 1060 6gb and due to the prices I'm not upgrading anytime soon, but I would love to play the Halo Infinite (especially SP). Will 60fps be possible on this GPU with decent graphics? Seeing that Xbox One X will have a 60fps mode, I suppose it will be possible. What do you guys think?

Minimum specs is a 1050ti, so youll be able to play it, most likely not higher graphics.

with no particular resolution in mind sure you can run it at 60fps

Likely not considering the minimum spec'd GPU requirements.

You have to remember that console versions of the game are significantly easier to build/tune graphically since its a static configuration set on the hardware and not a near infinite combinations as it is with PCs. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 hours ago, emosun said:

with no particular resolution in mind sure you can run it at 60fps

Well, I have a 1060 so the only doable res for modern games would be 1080p

2 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

You have to remember that console versions of the game are significantly easier to build/tune graphically since its a static configuration set on the hardware and not a near infinite combinations as it is with PCs. 

I do know that consoles are better optimized, being as you said it a static config, but it would be nice to play the game at medium with 60fps. PC requirements always confuses me, they usually not even state at what resolution and framerate the recommended requirements aim for. A 2070 is too much in my opinion if it aims for 1080p 60fps, which is the resolution that I play on. 

1 minute ago, AltF4_345 said:

Its hard to 100% definitely state how it will run until it launches, we can only surmise based on the minimum hardware requirements that your GPU, the 1060 6gb is right on the cusp of the low end, so I would wager you will get a decent experience at a mix of low and medium settings. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

7 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I hope the game looks good even on low-mid settings, If it looks a bit better than the base Xbox One and runs at 55-60 fps I'm good tbh.

7 hours ago, AltF4_345 said:

Well, I have a 1060 so the only doable res for modern games would be 1080p

Well most game will run at half of 720p so 360p so it can definitely be run way lower to get that refresh rate

2 hours ago, emosun said:

Well most game will run at half of 720p so 360p so it can definitely be run way lower to get that refresh rate

yes if you can stomach a resolution that low, I personally can't. 1080p is the minimum (at least in a 1080p monitor) for me.

1 hour ago, AltF4_345 said:

yes if you can stomach a resolution that low, I personally can't. 1080p is the minimum (at least in a 1080p monitor) for me.

Well halo was 480 and everyone seemed to like it regardless

22 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

They also have tons of tricks to make it look "better" like motion blur etc, although I don't know if this applies to current gen consoles,  ps5 seems to be a "beast"?

But that said, low/medium usually still looks good on pc.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity