when "Linus Linux Challenge" comes to YouTube ?

7850OC
Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,

Part 1 is up on Floatplane so it will be relatively soon for that, possibly this weekend or early next week. 

when "Linus Linux Challenge" comes to YouTube ? 

- - - - x - - - - 

I started using linux 5 years ago out of necessity, and I will never go back to windows

In windows I could never run (correct, as of today I can't either)

old printers, or old wifi antennas, etc. And on linux, they just work.

- - - - x - - - - 

little tips for linux: use "Linux Mint" + AMD (gpus)

it gets released when they are done making it.

that being said I wasn't aware there were linux specific printers and wifi antennas. I only typically collect and restore hardware down to the early 90s but I'll admit i'm not as versed in 80's hardware/software

Part 1 is up on Floatplane so it will be relatively soon for that, possibly this weekend or early next week. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

29 minutes ago, emosun said:

it gets released when they are done making it.

that being said I wasn't aware there were linux specific printers and wifi antennas. I only typically collect and restore hardware down to the early 90s but I'll admit i'm not as versed in 80's hardware/software

oh, good to know, thanaks friend

oh, there are windows, printers and wifi antennas, just old HP printers

on windows, they use the color ink, and there is no way to make they use just black ink

on linux, you tell use just black, and they obey you

on Windows or HP they do what windows or hp want, and not what you tell them to do

they "want" and "make you" spend more money 😐

7850OC, thanks for having links in your sig, I just watched Linus vs Luke scrapyard wars, was awesome.

Vans UltraRange EXO SE

Linux is really good at old hardware such as Printers that otherwise would end up in Landfills. Such things don't need to be Upgraded all that often.

Its already on floatplane and this wont help you at all , also I never had any issues with Nvidia gpus in any linux distro.

3 hours ago, 7850OC said:

oh, good to know, thanaks friend

oh, there are windows, printers and wifi antennas, just old HP printers

on windows, they use the color ink, and there is no way to make they use just black ink

on linux, you tell use just black, and they obey you

on Windows or HP they do what windows or hp want, and not what you tell them to do

they "want" and "make you" spend more money 😐

ah. Yeah the monochrome setting within windows print settings is a tough one to find but so long as the printer supports it through windows it'll only deplete the black ink cart in a color inkjet printer while also using a tiny bit of yellow for the MIC. But yeah if you just want to print monochrome using the black ink cart then a lot of printers support that.

But yeah if you don't select the monochrome setting in windows then it'll use a bunch of color for antialiasing 

22 hours ago, tkrsh_rage said:

Its already on floatplane and this wont help you at all , also I never had any issues with Nvidia gpus in any linux distro.

You would be the first. Nvidia drivers are a big source of people blaming Linux for "working until it doesn't." Up until extremely recently, Nvidia did not play ball _at all_ with the Linux community. We FINALLY got proper Wayland support in the last driver release, and it's gonna take a little time before Gnome and KDE support their change (because development just takes time).

I used to use Nvidia for the longest time until I got sick of the driver breaking every time I ran a system update. Just inexplicably, for no reason, it broke. Have not once had that problem on AMD since I switched.

AMD open sourced their drivers and then supercharged them to the point of being more stable and overall just... better than on Windows.

There's a reason why Linus Torvalds had that "in"famous quote directed at Nvidia...

• 3 weeks later...