EVGA 3070 FTW3 Fan noise

Lemad
Go to solution Solved by OhioYJ,
16 minutes ago, Lemad said:

Really appreciate the genuine response. I guess it's just difficult for me to accept considering I just bought this and just want to be certain that noise will not result in further damage/problems down the road and if it will I'd like to return it if not I'm fine with it. Thanks!

I'll agree it's rather annoying. As I said I gave up and just set my cards so the fans spin at a low speed all the time. You could do the opposite and raise the minimum turn on speed if you prefer. So they are off most of the time. They really are pretty quiet so even at the 30% I'm using it's not noticeable in my opinion.

Even if you had an issue, EVGA is known for standing behind their stuff. I've dealt with their customer service before, I have nothing but good things to say. My 1070 FTW card is one that needed thermal pad mods, the whole thing was excellent. (If you couldn't tell as I've continued you buy EVGA cards) The only cards I have that are small form factor (cards for cases EVGA doesn't make).

You can always email EVGA support directly and see what they say if that would make you feel better.

I'm having an issue with my EVGA 3070 FTW3. The fans in general seem weird/off to me as the stock fan curve has them on idle constantly switching on and off even with low temps (30-40c). They also appeared to be out of sync. Again, I'm not sure if this is normal or not as this is my first EVGA GPU. Now the real issue, The third (and im not entirely sure if either of the other fans do this but the third is the worst offender) make a clicking hard drive noise when kicking on initially. It is not a consistent noise unless the fans are going from 0 RPM to X RPM and back which can happen without a custom curve. My real question is by EVGA standard is this expected or a defect? I have adjusted this with my own custom curve to stop the clicking but hate using software and would rather rely on the automated fans to do the job. I just bought this and I'd like to know so I can return it if it is indeed defective but judging from others it seems like this is normal behavior for a fan to click like that? Just wanted input from someone on here, thanks!

Edit:. I've posted this to EVGA forums as well as I see many others dealing with this and just overall confused with the response from a moderator on there who said "its normal" but then didnt seem to understand I was talking about the clicking noise. He thing immediately responded "if you think its a bad fan I would RMA it" which makes me feel even more confused as he didn't actually give his own input on it.

13 minutes ago, Lemad said:

I'm having an issue with my EVGA 3070 FTW3. The fans in general seem weird/off to me as the stock fan curve has them on idle constantly switching on and off even with low temps (30-40c).

So I haven't heard yours but.... As an owner of many EVGA cards, I'm going to say normal. I also ran into this and asked if it was normal as well (TLDR was told yes). My collection of EVGA cards spans many models, I'm typing this from my "main" PC which has a EVGA 2080 Super in it. I passed along my  EVGA 1070 FTW card to my son (also does it but not nearly as bad). In both Windows and Linux to avoid this constant and annoying on/off clicking I just set a minimum fan speed of 30% and leave the fans always on.

I haven't noticed if my HTPCs do this or not. They have "lower" end EVGA cards, but if they are I can't hear it.

Really appreciate the genuine response. I guess it's just difficult for me to accept considering I just bought this and just want to be certain that noise will not result in further damage/problems down the road and if it will I'd like to return it if not I'm fine with it. Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Lemad said:

I'll agree it's rather annoying. As I said I gave up and just set my cards so the fans spin at a low speed all the time. You could do the opposite and raise the minimum turn on speed if you prefer. So they are off most of the time. They really are pretty quiet so even at the 30% I'm using it's not noticeable in my opinion.

Even if you had an issue, EVGA is known for standing behind their stuff. I've dealt with their customer service before, I have nothing but good things to say. My 1070 FTW card is one that needed thermal pad mods, the whole thing was excellent. (If you couldn't tell as I've continued you buy EVGA cards) The only cards I have that are small form factor (cards for cases EVGA doesn't make).

You can always email EVGA support directly and see what they say if that would make you feel better.