Grinding loud noise from 3080 fe 1 fan

TechMaster1234

The following noise is produced by the fan near the ports of 3080 FE card, is it something to worry about? Will it affect my card?

Voice 012.m4a

CPU Ryzen 5 5600x GPU NVIDIA 3080 FE MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial 3600 MHz CL16 16 GB PSU Corsair RM750 COOLING Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

This noise is more audible at 30 - 40% speed

CPU Ryzen 5 5600x GPU NVIDIA 3080 FE MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial 3600 MHz CL16 16 GB PSU Corsair RM750 COOLING Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

I would open a ticket with Nvidia directly seeing as how its an FE. 

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/ask?p_ptaid=fUcBntzvCNyWaZ1Z0y3k6gDcCzT8fNr5SPnKsd7ShrulYqtbqZTggUrdBDOjNiUEZgFz2RTapbmWWq7gz3UvuXo1SlW2NXuDMye9s9ANdkpiXi~doh19nz4Q!!

If my 3090 FE misbehaved in any way, you better believe i'd be getting a ticket open with support ASAP.

...this is assuming you've done your due diligence and ensure this noise is coming from your GPU.

The noise is not that loud.. In the voice clip that I have sent before, there was a microphone noise, I will sent a new voice clip and tell me what do you think.

Voice 014.m4a

I can't listen to it now but you should be able to determine where the sound is coming from. Just stop a fan with a finger, does it stop?

Just now, rickeo said:

I can't listen to it now but you should be able to determine where the sound is coming from. Just stop a fan with a finger, does it stop?

Yes, it's that fan 100%

But I am not sure if this issue-noise is that critical to just RMA. Because it only appears at 30% fan speed and it's not that loud.

Just now, TechMaster1234 said:

But I am not sure if this issue-noise is that critical to just RMA. Because it only appears at 30% fan speed and it's not that loud.

That's a personal decision then. You have a defective product. Its up to you if you want to return it or not. 

No one else can make that decision for you. How critical it is is irrelevant. 

Thanks a lot for your time <3. I think I am going for that RMA, just to be sure!