Touched back of motherboard with oily hair, will it cause damage?

I was trying to inspect the back of my motherboard with my smartphone's flashlight when I accidentally came too close to it and my hair bangs (I have oily hair) touched the mobo. I don't know where it touched, but It was very near the CPU back plate. Can the oil from my hair cause damage to the motherboard in the long run? If it touched the back of the CPU socket, can that be problematic?

I am a bit paranoid, because I recently changed my i5 8400 CPU to a 9700k without changing my almost 3-year-and-a-half-old motherboard, and I want my motherboard to last as long as I can.

Unless your hair is so oily it's running off your face it won't be an issue. If you're really worried just gently wipe it with a cloth.

sweats.gif

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Looking at your previous posts you are worrying about these things way too much. It's just a computer. It's not as delicate as you might think.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

10 minutes ago, AltF4_345 said:

I am a bit paranoid, because I recently changed my i5 8400 CPU to a 9700k without changing my almost 3-year-and-a-half-old motherboard, and I want my motherboard to last as long as I can.

probably no issue from the oil but did u make sure your bios supports the new chip?

not all boards supports all cpu, esp newer gens

but most likely you just have to update your bios and it should work

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Looking at your previous posts you are worrying about these things way too much. It's just a computer. It's not as delicate as you might think.

Well that's mainly my anxiety and ocd, I am even going to a psychologist for that. Anyways, thanks for the peace of mind about the durability, and I will try not to worry too much about such minor issues.

12 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

probably no issue from the oil but did u make sure your bios supports the new chip?

not all boards supports all cpu, esp newer gens

but most likely you just have to update your bios and it should work

A Z370 board suports both 8th gen and 9th gen, I am even running the computer with the cpu installed right now

1 minute ago, AltF4_345 said:

A Z370 board suports both 8th gen and 9th gen, I am even running the computer with the cpu installed right now

yes, but you may need to update the bios for z370 chipset because it was released before 9000 gen launched

but if it works then it's fine

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Moonzy said:

yes, but you may need to update the bios for z370 chipset because it was released before 9000 gen launched

but if it works then it's fine

Ah yes, I already did that when I had my 8400, that's why I am able to use the 9700k

26 minutes ago, AltF4_345 said:

Well that's mainly my anxiety and ocd, I am even going to a psychologist for that. Anyways, thanks for the peace of mind about the durability, and I will try not to worry too much about such minor issues.

Yeah don't worry too much if you can. My old pc got thrown through a window into muddy grass multiple times and now a decade later it's still going :p.