How many times a day should a pc crash?

mx2004

Basicly, i had this problem since 2020 when i build my first and only pc. It all went perfect until i used the pc.
while first installing windows the pc crashed for the first time, and since then even on other windows installs it keeps crashing, sometimes even a few minutes after the last one.
Over a year i tried finding help on reddit but it realy didnt help, and the worst thing is that this is not my only problem, espacaly with the mobo.
And ontop of all those hardware problems is that the software is about the same. There is litterly no working rgb software for this shit and even msi's own software doesnt work right.

I already troubleshooted a lot,

its not the psu( already had 2 sharkoon 550 gold wpm in there and some other psu's i had lain around.
its not the cpu/gpu ( had so faar a 2400g and 1600 in there [ 2400g without gpu; 2400g with a 970 4gb; 1600 with a 1060 6gb] )

its not the ram (corsair vengeance 2x8gb 3000mhz and some other ram with the same specs)

not even the ssd ( had so faar a bx500 240gb, some other crucial ssd, and a 980pro )

u/__mx____2004

I mean your PC shoudnt crash daily, or monthly or whatever, it just shouldnt. When you say it crashes what exactly does that mean. Like are we talking BSOD or is it just freezing or something else. Are there any crash codes?

There should be zero crashes, ever. At least none due to hardware. Software crashes are another thing. Sounds like you still have to find the problem. It isn't always easy. 

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Alienware AW3225QF (32" 240 Hz OLED)
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, iiyama ProLite XU2793QSU-B6 (27" 1440p 100 Hz)
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

10 minutes ago, mx2004 said:

Basicly, i had this problem since 2020 when i build my first and only pc. It all went perfect until i used the pc.
while first installing windows the pc crashed for the first time, and since then even on other windows installs it keeps crashing, sometimes even a few minutes after the last one.
Over a year i tried finding help on reddit but it realy didnt help, and the worst thing is that this is not my only problem, espacaly with the mobo.
And ontop of all those hardware problems is that the software is about the same. There is litterly no working rgb software for this shit and even msi's own software doesnt work right.

its not the psu( already had 2 sharkoon 550 gold wpm in there and some other psu's i had lain around.
its not the cpu/gpu ( had so faar a 2400g and 1600 in there [ 2400g without gpu; 2400g with a 970 4gb; 1600 with a 1060 6gb] )

its not the ram (corsair vengeance 2x8gb 3000mhz and some other ram with the same specs)

not even the ssd ( had so faar a bx500 240gb, some other crucial ssd, and a 980pro )

u/__mx____2004

0 times a day. For me, my pc never crashed for 4 years.

I haven’t had a system crash in like 5 years I think…

Anyway, sounds like the only component you haven’t ruled out is the motherboard. I suppose you can start there and check its manufacturer site for driver updates. If that fails, try another model and simply return it if it doesn’t solve the issue.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

It should never crash. In the last 10 months I had my PC it only crashed a few times, which was my fault because I was OC'ing my GPU (it didn't even like +100mhz lol). My laptop also froze sometimes but that was also a piece of trash (5yr old Pentium, 4gb RAM)

That only leaves the motherboard (and case but I don't see that causing issues). Have you already tried resetting the CMOS? Also check if you see anything weird in the CPU socket and RAM slots. If this doesn't work you would probably have to RMA the board.

2 hours ago, mx2004 said:

u/__mx____2004

have you installed your system from the same cd/dvd/usb? aswell as the same copy of windows like well i downloaded it in 2020 and used it again and again?

I throw a super non wild guess and say motherboard. how should you test that? well buy not the same model. test it, if it still crashes send it back. 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

basically zero times 

Last time my pc crashed was months ago when I oc my ram, first few days it would randomly crash watching videos  --- i turned off pbo / or set it to default (idr) and hasn't crashed since  

Both pbo and ram oc was probably a bit much for this cheapo msi board.

30 minutes ago, SamClan said:

I throw a super non wild guess and say motherboard.

its either motherboard or bios/chipset drivers imo.

ryzen and random "3000mhz" ram often dont go well together , and its not necessarily the cpu or ram or user's fault,  its usually a bios thing, in my experience. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity