Need help finding out what fake gpu I have and if I can flash it!

NadiaUwU

I got a fake 1050ti from walmart. The gave me a refund on the card and let me keep it after brought up that they were doing something illegal. Until I can get a real GPU I would like to know what model this gpu is and see if I can flash it so that games wont crash when they realize its not a 1050 ti. Here is the read out for GPU-z does anyone recognize this GPU. I dont want to download the wrong bios and flash them to the gpu so if anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate the help. Thank you LTT forum.

fake.png

Just now, Mel0nMan said:

Well those are the specs of a 1050 ti AFAIK. Can we see pics of the card, board and die?

Notice that many of the specs do not match that of the gtx1050ti save for the listed vram which is incorrect. here is a pic of the card. In 3dmark 11 I get a 1700 score which is 9000 points less than a 1050ti and if I install a 1050ti driver then my computer crashes the only driver that works is the one on the disc that came in the box.

gpu.jpg

I would remove the fan and scrape off the thermal but I dont have any thermal paste or a tool to remove it safety currently.

3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Well those are the specs of a 1050 ti AFAIK. Can we see pics of the card, board and die?

Yes, that is because it has been flashed with a different bios, if I remember correctly, it was based on a GTS450

1 minute ago, NadiaUwU said:

Notice that many of the specs do not match that of the gtx1050ti save for the listed vram which is incorrect. here is a pic of the card. In 3dmark 11 I get a 1700 score which is 9000 points less than a 1050ti and if I install a 1050ti driver then my computer crashes the only driver that works is the one on the disc that came in the box.

gpu.jpg

They used GT 440s for scam cards with that cooler. Bet it's a GT 440 or 450. Won't be able to play games basically at all.

Just now, rickeo said:

Its a GF116 so likely something like a 10y/o GTX 550Ti or something in that generation. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/nvidia-gf116.g88

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-550-ti.c274

That is what I thought but the ROPs and TMUs dont match and the bandwith listed is different as well then every model I looked into of released GF116 cards. Maybe this is a custom bootleg gpu???

DawidDoesTechstuff did a video on this if its the same gpu as he had

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

I am at least glad I got a refund for this it was listed for 150$ so It wasn't like this was a 40$ listing. As soon as I brought up lawyers they were scrambling to give me my money back. The card can run Skyrim at high settings and do some decent emulation so that is what I will use it for til I can buy a legit 1050. I guess I will try to remove the theramal paste so I can flash it right. Games like gta5 that could run on this card crash because they view it as a 1050ti.

here is another video from phil's computer lab....since the card has the wrong bios, I think you have to scrape off the paste to read the cpu model number