Infinite Application Data folder, can i delete it?

Sagor

Also I am stuck at 1909 build.Previously i was getting 0x800704c7 error after doing some fixing  find on internet now i am getting 0x80070652 error.
It's really frustrating every month or then i have to wait for windows 10 automatically download the creator update then i have to delete the whole file like 20gb something.

ezgif-5-c87ab810fa36.jpg

ezgif-5-caa7f24c4386.jpg

The ProgramData folder contains data (like settings and saves) from programs. Deleting it is not generally a good idea.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Did you inspect the picture clearly? @Eigenvektor
It's same folder under Application Data folder again & again.

It's a junction or symlink that's badly configured... it's not taking up space physically on your drive, just the base size of 5 GB or whatever.

It's like a shortcut in C:\users\[your username]\Application Data  called Application Data, which links to   C:\users\[your username]\Application Data so each time you click on Application Data you get the contents of the base folder shown. 

Could probably fix it with SysInternals Suite's junction.exe or by using rmdir in command line on the folder ... but  probably won't let you as it's a "protected folder" / "system folder" and you could mess it up even more.

2 hours ago, mariushm said:

It's a junction or symlink that's badly configured... it's not taking up space physically on your drive, just the base size of 5 GB or whatever.

It's like a shortcut in C:\users\[your username]\Application Data  called Application Data, which links to   C:\users\[your username]\Application Data so each time you click on Application Data you get the contents of the base folder shown. 

Could probably fix it with SysInternals Suite's junction.exe or by using rmdir in command line on the folder ... but  probably won't let you as it's a "protected folder" / "system folder" and you could mess it up even more.

Thank you for the explanation.

Problem solved by using MS media creation tool..thanx.