The Bios speaker annoys the hell out of me.

Danyboy1738
Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

You can just insert a flat head screwdriver under it and twist the screwdriver to break the beeper off the board. Or use the screwdriver as a crowbar.

The board will run just fine with the beeper removed. 

Alternatively, reduce the sound levels by pouring some wax or epoxy or something in it, through that middle opening.

Hopefully my final cry for help. How on earth do I shut up the speaker that creates the beeps for Bios, cos I can't disable chassis intrusion so I get a beep because of that, everything I restart or power on the machine.

Specs:

Motherboard: Intel Desktop Motherboard DQ57TM

CPU: i5 650

GPU: XFX HD Radeon 4650 Dual DVI 1GB DDR2

RAM: 8GB DDR3

HDD: x2 500GB

PSU: Unknown

Display Cable: DVI to HDMI 1.9m

Display: 1080p, 60Hz, TV

Disconnect it?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Then other than unsoldering it, probably no... that said some BIOSes have a setting to enable/disable speaker, pretty rare but you can check. 

Why can't you disable the chassis intrusion thing?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

Then other than unsoldering it, no...

Why can't you disable the chassis intrusion thing?

Dunno no matter what setting I have it on, or if the pins are shorted it doesn't change anything, and still says it, but from everything I've looked at, they all get system halted whereas I just get shouted at by the thing and then it proceeds to desktop

You can just insert a flat head screwdriver under it and twist the screwdriver to break the beeper off the board. Or use the screwdriver as a crowbar.

Alternatively, reduce the sound levels by pouring some wax or epoxy or something in it, through that middle opening.

3 minutes ago, mariushm said:

If it's through-hole to the other side of the MB, just de-solder and remove it. Less chance of damaging a trace on the MB than if you use a screw driver to break it off.

5 minutes ago, mariushm said:

I'm trying not to break the pc anymore than it already is, but thanks tho

1 minute ago, StDragon said:

If it's through-hole to the other side of the MB, just de-solder and remove it. Less chance of damaging a trace on the MB than if you use a screw driver to break it off.

Ye I might do this as I have decent experience with an iron but it'll be a last resort,  thanks tho

Leave your PC on or put it in sleep mode.  I leave my workstation and TV PC on 24 seven and only infrequently restart, usually when updates are available.  They consume minimal amounts of electricity.  That being said neither the Gigabyte or ASUS MoBos have speakers on them.  I have a couple of small beep speakers that I keep on hand in case I ever need to plug one in for trouble shooting. All the MoBos I have recently purchased rely on LEDs to provide the codes for trouble shooting.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

2 minutes ago, Alan G said:

Leave your PC on or put it in sleep mode.  I leave my workstation and TV PC on 24 seven and only infrequently restart, usually when updates are available.  They consume minimal amounts of electricity.  That being said neither the Gigabyte or ASUS MoBos have speakers on them.  I have a couple of small beep speakers that I keep on hand in case I ever need to plug one in for trouble shooting. All the MoBos I have recently purchased rely on LEDs to provide the codes for trouble shooting.

Completely forgot about sleep mode I'll use that for now but I still hope for a permanent solution

42 minutes ago, Danyboy1738 said:

Hopefully my final cry for help. How on earth do I shut up the speaker that creates the beeps for Bios, cos I can't disable chassis intrusion so I get a beep because of that, everything I restart or power on the machine.

Specs:

Motherboard: Intel Desktop Motherboard DQ57TM

CPU: i5 650

GPU: XFX HD Radeon 4650 Dual DVI 1GB DDR2

RAM: 8GB DDR3

HDD: x2 500GB

PSU: Unknown

Display Cable: DVI to HDMI 1.9m

Display: 1080p, 60Hz, TV

Hi, 

Please read the following steps bellow to solve the issue: 

1. Enter System Setup (BIOS).
  2. If you have an Inspiron™ portable computer, press the <Down Arrow> key to highlight the Quiet Boot option.

NOTE: The Quiet Boot function may not exist in your system BIOS. If this option is not present, it may not be possible to disable the POST beep tone.
  3. Change the status to Enabled.
  4. Press the <F10> key to save and exit.
    The computer will reboot.
  5. Click the Start button, click Shut Down, click Shut Down, and OK.
  6. Power the system back on and the POST beep tone should not emit.

NOTE: If you have PC Cards installed, you may hear a double set of beep tones during boot as Windows detects each card. This is not a function of the BIOS, but can be disabled. Proceed to section PC Card Beep Tones.

Hope that helps. 

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Unique_Reall said:

Hi, 

Please read the following steps bellow to solve the issue: 

1. Enter System Setup (BIOS).
  2. If you have an Inspiron™ portable computer, press the <Down Arrow> key to highlight the Quiet Boot option.

NOTE: The Quiet Boot function may not exist in your system BIOS. If this option is not present, it may not be possible to disable the POST beep tone.
  3. Change the status to Enabled.
  4. Press the <F10> key to save and exit.
    The computer will reboot.
  5. Click the Start button, click Shut Down, click Shut Down, and OK.
  6. Power the system back on and the POST beep tone should not emit.

NOTE: If you have PC Cards installed, you may hear a double set of beep tones during boot as Windows detects each card. This is not a function of the BIOS, but can be disabled. Proceed to section PC Card Beep Tones.

Hope that helps. 

Thanks

No quiet boot option thanks tho

2 hours ago, Alan G said:

Best solution, for now