Regarding the Asus AI Accelerator Pcie Card

So around about 2 weeks ago, Linus made a video showing off the Asus IOT AI Accelerator Pcie Card, using 16 Edge TPUs. I thought it was a super cool product and considered buying the card with no TPUs and then buying the TPUs later. However, upon googling where i can buy the card, I only found Asus's site where there's no price listed and found Amazon and AliExpress where the card was going for over 1000 dollars. I get that this is bleeding edge(no pun intended) technology and that its not supposed to be cheap, but surely there has to be a place where the card can be bought for cheap without any of the TPU's integrated. My reason for wishing to buy the card is both as i think it is a fascinating piece of tech and because i wanted to make an attempt at running AI applications from a sort of hobby and newbie perspective. 

If anyone can provide a link or a means to buy the card with no integrated TPUs for what the card itself costs, then that would be much appreciated 
Sincerely, a fellow LTT gamer.

Since this isn't consumer-oriented hardware, you need to contact ASUS or a bulk supplier to get a quote. It's also not that uncommon for this type of card to cost in the hundreds or low thousands, even without any add-ons, especially given the current supply situation.

image.thumb.png.86d338cbffe156a6fa7b29234ac0479d.png

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

31 minutes ago, RealStormBringer228 said:

So around about 2 weeks ago, Linus made a video showing off the Asus IOT AI Accelerator Pcie Card, using 16 Edge TPUs. I thought it was a super cool product and considered buying the card with no TPUs and then buying the TPUs later. However, upon googling where i can buy the card, I only found Asus's site where there's no price listed and found Amazon and AliExpress where the card was going for over 1000 dollars. I get that this is bleeding edge(no pun intended) technology and that its not supposed to be cheap, but surely there has to be a place where the card can be bought for cheap without any of the TPU's integrated. My reason for wishing to buy the card is both as i think it is a fascinating piece of tech and because i wanted to make an attempt at running AI applications from a sort of hobby and newbie perspective. 

If anyone can provide a link or a means to buy the card with no integrated TPUs for what the card itself costs, then that would be much appreciated 
Sincerely, a fellow LTT gamer.

If you want to just get started, why not buy the M2 or USB version of the coral with a single TPU? This would be way cheaper and make more sense.

Also keep in mind that this product is made for inference, not training, so if you want to actually build ML models you're better off with even an entry level gpu such as the 1050ti.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

3 hours ago, igormp said:

If you want to just get started, why not buy the M2 or USB version of the coral with a single TPU? This would be way cheaper and make more sense.

Also keep in mind that this product is made for inference, not training, so if you want to actually build ML models you're better off with even an entry level gpu such as the 1050ti.

Duly noted. Thank you so much for the advice

4 hours ago, Sauron said:

Since this isn't consumer-oriented hardware, you need to contact ASUS or a bulk supplier to get a quote. It's also not that uncommon for this type of card to cost in the hundreds or low thousands, even without any add-ons, especially given the current supply situation.

image.thumb.png.86d338cbffe156a6fa7b29234ac0479d.png

Thank you so much for the reply. I guess the fact this is not a consumer sort of thing hence the high cost plus no obvious price tag does make sense when i take your info into account. Thanks for the guidance 

• 2 months later...

Hi. I was looking for the same things week ago.

I emailed a guy that sell pcie bord. Here is the reply

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022, 13:32 <azakharov............com> wrote:

Our carrier card works perfectly fine with x12 Coral (single) TPU M.2 cards. Power consumption per each card is max ~2W, so ~24W total in a very corner theoretical case, which perfectly fine with x4 lane interface power delivery. It would not work with a dual TPU Coral - this one requires a secondary PCIe bus implementation per each M.2 slot - i.e. they will work, but you will see only x1 TPU per card instead of x2. Some users use our x12 carrier board with x12 single TPU Coral M.2 modules and TB3 (Thunderbolt 3) enclosure to connect it to any laptop/desktop that has TB3 port (rather then dedicate a full blown PC for this purpose and plug it to available PCIe slot). The best way to buy our offering is through our Tindie shop

Card has 12 m.2 slot and cost around 700$

Which is not cheap . You can find it on tindie shop.

If you add cost of tpu module. I think buying MSI AI accelerator pcie, makes sense.

• 1 month later...

I know it's old but I just got mine 2 days ago. BLT had 1 in stock (https://www.shopblt.com/item/asus-crl-g116u-p3df-pcie-x-16-16xgoogle/asus_crlg116up3df.html)

But I have a problem with the card lol, all 16 TPUs being detected (Unraid with Coral driver) so thats good. But as soon as I power on the computer the fans of the AI accelerator run full speed, and very loud. I contacted ASUS and they replied  "Just open the card and disconnect the fan plugs" ... lol 🤔