What is the true classification of The AMD Ryzen 5 1600 {AF} (zen plus refresh)

I Emailed AMD regarding the classification of my CPU (R5 1600), due to it being the AF, instead of the AE designation the originals carried. According to them it's a Pinnacle ridge (Zen+), but according to windows it's not acceptable for windows 11. Just curious what is needed (if possible) to make it work. I did the PC healthchecker and the link it gave showed something about restore and advanced options and how to activate it, well that bricked my computer till I hit the Bios reset.

Has anyone with a 1600 AF downloaded windows 11 legit without work arounds? Or is the 1600 AF just an odd one out in the Zen + set? If you have How were you able to accomplish it?

Thank you for any info

Turn on ftpm/secureboot

clean install from install media

Done.

There are ways to use windows update, but they are (from expirence, installed it on a core 2 quad q6600, no secure boot, no uefi, no tpm through windows update, took a while to do though

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Turn on ftpm/secureboot

clean install from install media

Done.

There are ways to use windows update, but they are (from expirence, installed it on a core 2 quad q6600, no secure boot, no uefi, no tpm through windows update, took a while to do though

So basically a complete clean install? Not what I was hoping for, but might later thanks. Was hoping it'd be just something i needed to switch in the bios. thank you

18 minutes ago, crazyjr said:

So basically a complete clean install? Not what I was hoping for, but might later thanks. Was hoping it'd be just something i needed to switch in the bios. thank you

I can dm you with instructions to install the dev builds in windows update?

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

17 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I can dm you with instructions to install the dev builds in windows update?

Honestly if it's going to be a hassle, I'll wait for the time I get to upgrade to a 3k series CPU. which at the current situation will probably be next year Hopefully

But thanks anyways

1 minute ago, crazyjr said:

Honestly if it's going to be a hassle, I'll wait for the time I get to upgrade to a 3k series CPU. which at the current situation will probably be next year Hopefully

But thanks anyways

Just get a 5000 cpu, if you have a b450/b550.

anout 20% faster

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

On 10/24/2021 at 2:45 PM, HelpfulTechWizard said:

anout 20% faster

Not an early adopter, i have no problems being a gen or two behind. the games i play don't need much power anyways

5 minutes ago, crazyjr said:

Not an early adopter, i have no problems being a gen or two behind. the games i play don't need much power anyways

Its not early adoption at this point,

Plus, if things go on like they have been, 5000 cpus are cheeper and faster (and cooler/quieter if you undervolt)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

On 10/24/2021 at 2:45 PM, HelpfulTechWizard said:

anout 20% faster

I just noticed you said 5k on a 450 MB, doesn't that require a special BIOS? I had planned the 5k for if i found a real cheap (yeah fantasy hehe) 500 series MB. honestly would be worried about trying to swap out a complete bios

12 hours ago, crazyjr said:

I just noticed you said 5k on a 450 MB, doesn't that require a special BIOS? I had planned the 5k for if i found a real cheap (yeah fantasy hehe) 500 series MB. honestly would be worried about trying to swap out a complete bios

no, it doesn't require 'special' BIOS. . just a normal update same as any other. 

2 hours ago, jwwagner25 said:

no, it doesn't require 'special' BIOS. . just a normal update same as any other. 

When did that change? Last I heard they (5k cpu's) required a special Bios from AMD (on the 400 series MB's) and wasn't reversible. When i mean special, it was considered experimental, but they offered it to the adventurous or early adopter's

I guess windows is still tweaking 11, because my computer just popped up ready for W 11 download and Install

anyone with experience with win 11 how does it run compared to 10? 

21 hours ago, crazyjr said:

When did that change? Last I heard they (5k cpu's) required a special Bios from AMD (on the 400 series MB's) and wasn't reversible. When i mean special, it was considered experimental, but they offered it to the adventurous or early adopter's

yeah that was true for a period of maybe two weeks when the zen3 cpu's were first released. was a very short term thing. not secret information that this is the case..

1 hour ago, jwwagner25 said:

yeah that was true for a period of maybe two weeks when the zen3 cpu's were first released. was a very short term thing. not secret information that this is the case..

Honestly I pretty much overlooked Zen 3, due to the bios issues and the 500 series MB's being only one CPU generation only. My thought was when I'm ready, then go 3K and not bother with the bios issue, Then when time came for a complete rebuild, just go 6k and AM5. When I went that path, I just completely discounted the 5k CPU's and never bothered keeping up with them. Thank you for the heads up though