Asset/Inventory Management/Tracker Software

ahuckphin

Some call it asset management, some call it inventory tracker while other call it of some combination of these words. I'll call it asset management from this point onwards. 

I am currently researching and experimenting with deploying a software to help manage assets. Thus far I have looked into:

• developing a custom application with PHP + HTML - I'm not skilled enough,  
  • Notion - huge potential but too slow. should have tried importing 1000 rows of data first instead of last. 🤦‍♀️
  • Sheets - missing native last edited by feature
  • Snipe-IT - checking out multiple assets at one time slow

With every software I tried, I feel like they are so close to being perfect but let down by 1 flaw. I'm not sure if the flaws are addressable because I'm incapable of Googling or what. 

My requirements are to know where assets are and who the assets are with and what for. No duplicate IDs. The software should be accessible and have data edited by different users. Tens of assets should be able to have it's location updated quickly ... preferably as easy as with a Spreadsheet. No need to keep history of asset movement as haven't been able to think of a reason to do so. 

Currently spreadsheets seems like the most viable solution due to the simple requirements I have. However there's something about it and the sheer flexibility and lack of "rigidity" (having so many extra features that I'm not using) that put's me off - . 

Any comments/suggestions?