Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

V-NAND 3-bit MLC vs TLC

NikitaSch

I want to buy a samsung 970 evo plus and in my country there are 2 version: MLC which is a bit chipper and TLC.I have read on the internet that mlc is better and it has a longer life span but dont know why is cheaper than tlc version?Can someone explain to me the difference and which one should i chose.

13 minutes ago, NikitaSch said:

I want to buy a samsung 970 evo plus and in my country there are 2 version: MLC which is a bit chipper and TLC.I have read on the internet that mlc is better and it has a longer life span but dont know why is cheaper than tlc version?Can someone explain to me the difference and which one should i chose.

970 evo is an old and overpriced ssd, it has been superceeded by cheaper and faster ssds like p5, pilot e, z440, rocket 4.0, mp600 core, etc.

Just dont buy a 970 evo unless you wanna throw your money in a dumpster

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

970 evo is an old and overpriced ssd, it has been superceeded by cheaper and faster ssds like p5, pilot e, z440, rocket 4.0, mp600 core, etc.

Just dont buy a 970 evo unless you wanna throw your money in a dumpster

Then tell me what 500gb ssd should i buy in 100euro range? I dont need pcie gen 4 because i have intel

2 hours ago, NikitaSch said:

Then tell me what 500gb ssd should i buy in 100euro range? I dont need pcie gen 4 because i have intel

Go for a kingston a2000 or crucial p5 ssd

20 hours ago, NikitaSch said:

The 970 EVO Plus has always been TLC. Samsung sometimes refers to it as "3-bit MLC" which is the same thing. Samsung's last MLC (2-bit) drive was the 970 PRO.

3-bit MLC = TLC 

It's just marketing play by Samsung