ASUS laptop fx705dt kernel_security_check_failure issue

AkerokFolf

I have this ASUS TUF Gaming laptop that came with 8GB of ram. From what I can tell, the RAM it came with runs normally at 2666MHz. Everything I have read online says that this laptop uses DDR4 SODIMM RAM. I went and bought a PNY DDR4 8GB stick of RAM to upgrade it to 16GB. However, this RAM stick runs at a maximum of 2400MHz. My understanding was that when I put this stick of RAM into the computer, both sticks of ram would run at the slower speed. It seems to have done that. However, when I run some of my games, the computer eventually gives me a BSOD. The error it gives me keeps changing, though. I have tried running the computer with just the new RAM stick, reinstalling Windows 10, checking for corrupt files, and running the driver verifier. Nothing seems to fix this issue. The only way I can get this computer to work properly is to put the original RAM stick in it only. I've even ran just the original RAM stick at the slower 2400MHz speed by itself with no issues. The thing is, this issue only happens when I try to run games. It's mostly the same games that cause the issue, but occasionally other games cause the issue as well. The most common BSOD I get is the kernel_security_check_failure error, but there are other errors I get from time to time.

This issue has been going on for over a week now, and I've about had it with this computer and it's issues. Does anyone know how to make this RAM stick and this computer work properly together?