God of War coming to Steam Jan 2022

Purzifal

I was shocked to see that God of War is coming to PC on steam in January 2022.

25 minutes ago, CAProjects said:

I was shocked to see that God of War is coming to PC on steam in January 2022.

Well it’s not a new game even now, but they apparently intend to ask $50 for it.  That’s effectively a lot of free money.  Perhaps too much to pass up.  Whether anyone will want it for that much at that point is another question.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

$50? Lmao, I'll wait till it's in the bargain bin

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

This is what gaming is now and they care about is rinsing as much cash as possible whilst putting in the least efort.

Vans UltraRange EXO SE

Recently finished it on ps5 and it really is a fantastic piece of entertainment. 

Not sure I'd double dip, what with the sequel on the horizon.

Still, this is great news for the dedicated pc player.

It'll run great, and looks beautiful. 

Got zero interest in playing it but exclusives don't benefit anyone on the consumer side so I'm pleased to see it happen.

If it was Nintendo (not that this would ever happen) you can better believe they'd be charging $60 for it.

Now, Ghost of Tsushima, please. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 10/21/2021 at 6:13 PM, Middcore said:

Now, Ghost of Tsushima, please. 

Yes please. Can't really justify buying consoles for a single game anymore.

Glad to see GoW coming to Steam. I've already experienced it through a let's play, so I won't buy it, but good to still see it. Horizon Zero Dawn also took ~3 years, to GoT in 2023 perhaps? 😛  I doubt it's a full PC remaster, but do we know if this is at least a proper port and not a halfassed carbon copy? HZD had quite some issues at PC launch IIRC.

On 10/21/2021 at 8:30 AM, OneOfYas said:

This is what gaming is now and they care about is rinsing as much cash as possible whilst putting in the least efort.

Delayed releases on other platforms is still better than permanent exclusives. It's also just marketing to hype people up for the upcoming sequel so that they may go out and buy a PS5 to play that.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

On 10/23/2021 at 11:51 AM, tikker said:

Yes please. Can't really justify buying consoles for a single game anymore.

Glad to see GoW coming to Steam. I've already experienced it through a let's play, so I won't buy it, but good to still see it. Horizon Zero Dawn also took ~3 years, to GoT in 2023 perhaps? 😛  I doubt it's a full PC remaster, but do we know if this is at least a proper port and not a halfassed carbon copy? HZD had quite some issues at PC launch IIRC.

Delayed releases on other platforms is still bett⅕er than permanent exclusives. It's also just marketing to hype people up for the upcoming sequel so that they may go out and buy a PS5 to play that.

I don't see Ghost of Tsushima this side of 2023, if it all.

It's not been out long enough. 

It seems like Sony are often waiting 3 to 4 years before they port a lot of these games over - not always, but often.

I also think there are some Sony exclusives that will simply never come to pc.

Stuff like, Spiderman, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, The Last of Us, to name a few.

7 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

I don't see Ghost of Tsushima this side of 2023.

It's not been out long enough. 

It seems like Sony are waiting 3 to 4 years before they port a lot of these games over.

I also think there are some Sony exclusives that will never come to pc.

Stuff like, Spiderman, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, The Last of Us.

Interestingly the titles (exccept Ratchet and Clank) you mention also aren't in the leaked Nvidia GameStream list a while ago. Now that God of War has indeed come, finger's crossed Ghost of Tsushima also will. I agree on Spiderman and The Last of Us. Maybe in the far future, like a Tomb Raider-esque refresh. Tempted to get a PS5 though. I'm quite looking forward to Horizon Zero West. I just don't like playing it with a controller as much.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

3 minutes ago, tikker said:

Interestingly the titles (exccept Ratchet and Clank) you mention also aren't in the leaked Nvidia GameStream list a while ago. Now that God of War has indeed come, finger's crossed Ghost of Tsushima also will. I agree on Spiderman and The Last of Us. Maybe in the far future, like a Tomb Raider-esque refresh. Tempted to get a PS5 though. I'm quite looking forward to Horizon Zero West. I just don't like playing it with a controller as much.

Well, i got a ps5 a month or two back and I'm enjoying it.

I replayed GoW and it was beautiful at 60fps.

Miles Morales was also great, and I'm on Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut, which is a remarkable game.

3 minutes ago, tikker said:

This is a major reason why I don’t have a console.  I just don’t like controllers at all.  The best one was the steam one, but it died in the marketplace.  There are a very few things where  a console is better.  They generally involve piloting things like aircraft. I’ve got a standard console and a steam one, but both wound up in my spare hardware box eventually because they just kind of suck in comparison

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Well, i got a ps5 a month or two back and I'm enjoying it.

I replayed GoW and it was beautiful at 60fps.

Miles Morales was also great, and I'm on Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut, which is a remarkable game.

Yeah now that more games are there and coming I can justify it a bit more. Ghost of Tsushima is the one I'd really like to play.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

This is a major reason why I don’t have a console.  I just don’t like controllers at all.  The best one was the steam one, but it died in the marketplace.  There are a very few things where  a console is better.  They generally involve piloting things like aircraft. I’ve got a standard console and a steam one, but both wound up in my spare hardware box eventually because they just kind of suck in comparison

Anything 3rd person I typically prefer with a controller. It's just aiming and shooting with one that's abysmal.

Just now, tikker said:

Yeah now that more games are there and coming I can justify it a bit more. Ghost of Tsushima is the one I'd really like to play.

Anything 3rd person I typically prefer with a controller. It's just aiming and shooting with one that's abysmal.

You'll like it, I'm sure.

It's one of the most detailed, charming, beautiful game worlds ever made.

The developers clearly have huge affection for the source material and did such a good job of telling the story of that part of Japanese history it won awards in Japan. 

3 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

You'll like it, I'm sure.

It's one of the most detailed, charming, beautiful game worlds ever made.

The developers clearly have huge affection for the source material and did such a good job of telling the story of that part of Japanese history it won awards in Japan. 

None of them have been in stock here in forever unfortunately, so I couldn't even if I wanted to.

13 minutes ago, tikker said:

The thing that I find almost unusable about controllers is aiming. I find Mice just kick all over controllers for that.  There are some movement advantages for controllers, specifically small movements, but if there’s aiming involved they just get overwhelmed.

15 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

The thing that I find almost unusable about controllers is aiming. I find Mice just kick all over controllers for that.  There are some movement advantages for controllers, specifically small movements, but if there’s aiming involved they just get overwhelmed.

I think it's undoubtedly true that a mouse is the fastest way to aim.

Personally, I prefer a stick for movement. 

Using a keyboard to move has never felt intuitive to me.

The best solution for me is a mouse in one hand and some kind of adapted controller with a control stick for movement. 

Have you ever seen those Azeron controllers?

If you haven't, Google "Azeron controller".

They are crazy.

43 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

I think it's undoubtedly true that a mouse is the fastest way to aim.

Personally, I prefer a stick for movement. 

Using a keyboard to move has never felt intuitive to me.

The best solution for me is a mouse in one hand and some kind of adapted controller with a control stick for movement. 

Have you ever seen those Azeron controllers?

If you haven't, Google "Azeron controller".

They are crazy.

There appear to be two devices from the company that are very similarly named, but I assume you are talking about the one that straps to your left hand.  The steam controller did a very similar thing via replacing the sticks with circular mouse pads.  Sticks and mice use fundamentally different forms of control.  There are people who have enough experience with sticks that they genuinely prefer them.  I have never been one of those people.  I find a different problem than intuitiveness myself. There is an issue with keyboard movement in that it is not analog.  Varying speed or nudging forward to an exact point can be quite difficult. 

21 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

There appear to be two devices from the company that are very similarly named, but I assume you are talking about the one that straps to your left hand.  The steam controller did a very similar thing via replacing the sticks with circular mouse pads.  Sticks and mice use fundamentally different forms of control.  There are people who have enough experience with sticks that they genuinely prefer them.  I have never been one of those people.  I find a different problem than intuitiveness myself. There is an issue with keyboard movement in that it is not analog.  Varying speed or nudging forward to an exact point can be quite difficult. 

I'm not sure if the Azeron straps to your hand.

It's the one that is shaped like a hand and has slots for your 4 fingers and a thumb, with multiple buttons on each digit, plus it has a control stick on the side.

5 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

I'm not sure if the Azeron straps to your hand.

It's the one that is shaped like a hand and has slots for your 4 fingers and a thumb, with multiple buttons on each digit, plus it has a control stick on the side.

I could only find one photoof the thing with the strap.  There were many more of the other though. I’ll have to try and find the image again.  The other device looked like a reverse plastic hand with a stick near the center.  I’ve seen things that looked a bit similar.  Such things were generally keyboard replacements designed to deal with RSI stuff.  That was the 2000s though.  The thing with the strap was the only thing that had a mouse attached to it and that looked anything ata all like a controller.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:59 PM, Bombastinator said:

I could only find one photoof the thing with the strap.  There were many more of the other though. I’ll have to try and find the image again.  The other device looked like a reverse plastic hand with a stick near the center.  I’ve seen things that looked a bit similar.  Such things were generally keyboard replacements designed to deal with RSI stuff.  That was the 2000s though.  The thing with the strap was the only thing that had a mouse attached to it and that looked anything ata all like a controller.

Strange.

If I Google "Azeron controller" I get dozens of images of all different coloured versions etc...

When you Google it are you then going to the Images tab?

If you do there are loads of pictures.

1 hour ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Strange.

If I Google "Azeron controller" I get dozens of images of all different coloured versions etc...

When you Google it are you then going to the Images tab?

If you do there are loads of pictures.

I did see a bunch of different colors.  Looks like they’re either doing stuff with a 3d printer or there are a lot of color options.  I don’t remember what I did for a search. It was a while ago. 

17 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I did see a bunch of different colors.  Looks like they’re either doing stuff with a 3d printer or there are a lot of color options.  I don’t remember what I did for a search. It was a while ago. 

Yes, they do different colour options.

I'm not sure if the company who owns the patent/property licences other manufacturers, you know, like Nvidia do with their GPUs.

Anyway, they look quite good actually. 

Might be one of those things where, if you take the time to master it, it could be a revelation. 

1 hour ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Yes, they do different colour options.

I'm not sure if the company who owns the patent/property licences other manufacturers, you know, like Nvidia do with their GPUs.

Anyway, they look quite good actually. 

Might be one of those things where, if you take the time to master it, it could be a revelation. 

There have been bunches of keyboards better than the traditional one.  The generic original keyboard was actually designed on purpose to suck.  Beating the crap out of it actually isn’t hard.  It still sticks around though simply because of that additional time taken to master thing.   I’m still not convinced it’s a controller and not a keyboard though it’s possible.  A button is a button after all.  I don’t think the whole vector system of stick can beat the other one no matter how hard it tries though.  I personally think if anything takes them it will be something like a wand, with no buttons at all.  Too simple to seal etc..  would be a case of “your thing is huge, costs $20 or more and doesn’t fit in your pocket, where as ours costs $3, is just as fast, and does.  who knows the way things will go though.  There’s all kinds of instances that could come up. I think to make that kind of change though there’s got to be a whole other class of customer though, or some sort of killer app where traditional input just can’t function.  Bluetooth is a big step I think.  A reliable wireless connection means there is no more port. If something is small and cheap enough people can bring their own and attach it to things.  

Training is incredibly expensive.  In world war2 the pilot was more expensive than the aeroplane, and it is STILL true, even with multi billion dollar fighter aircraft.  If I had a really good input device it would also need to be cheap enough to give it away to every school in the world. Get the training in.  That is the big hump.

Ghost of Tsushima is a really good game on PS5, but God of War has more interesting combat and is overall the better game IMO, so I'm kind of surprised people want Tsushima more. God of War feels more like a Souls game in a Skyrim like setting while Tsushima is kind of like an Assassins Creed / Nioh fusion but with a standoff feature added. Tsushima is a little better graphically but not overwhelmingly so. Though I guess people have been asking for an AC game in Japan forever. They're both 3rd person games that I don't think would be great with keyboard, as I prefer controller for Souls and AC games on PC too. I hope it's a good port from the beginning unlike Horizon Zero Dawn, which had its enthusiasm in the PC community shot down by being poorly optimized at launch.

I do think God of War is easily worth a $50 launch price if you're not a patient gamer who waits for stuff to get cheap on Steam.

5 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Ghost of Tsushima is a really good game on PS5, but God of War has more interesting combat and is overall the better game IMO, so I'm kind of surprised people want Tsushima more. God of War feels more like a Souls game in a Skyrim like setting while Tsushima is kind of like an Assassins Creed / Nioh fusion but with a standoff feature added. Tsushima is a little better graphically but not overwhelmingly so. Though I guess people have been asking for an AC game in Japan forever. They're both 3rd person games that I don't think would be great with keyboard, as I prefer controller for Souls and AC games on PC too. I hope it's a good port from the beginning unlike Horizon Zero Dawn, which had its enthusiasm in the PC community shot down by being poorly optimized at launch.

I do think God of War is easily worth the $50 launch price if you're not a patient gamer who waits for stuff to get cheap on Steam.

People will pay no doubt.  There is money to be had for a property that has already paid for itself.  Free money.  The whole thing is basically a residual.