I cannot figure out how to install my AMD BT driver...

Nexxus

Its right here, im running Windows 11 and trying to install the 1.4.14.134 driver and there is just... nothing in here that looks like anything I can run so im quite confussed..

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

16 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

Its right here, im running Windows 11 and trying to install the 1.4.14.134 driver and there is just... nothing in here that looks like anything I can run so im quite confussed.

You need to use the ".inf" file.

Right click on the device that has no drivers in device manager, there should be an option to select drivers. Then tell it that you have your own driver file and navigate the the .inf file.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

2 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

You need to use the ".inf" file.

Right click on the device that has no drivers in device manager, there should be an option to select drivers. Then tell it that you have your own driver file and navigate the the .inf file.

Hmm I gotcha, thanks for the reply Maybe I best not dick with it though I see no errors or anything in device manager and the only bluetooth thing I see that I reconize (that isnt an actual BT device) is Intel Wireless Bluetooth.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

2 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

Hmm I gotcha, thanks for the reply Maybe I best not dick with it though I see no errors or anything in device manager and the only bluetooth thing I see that I reconize (that isnt an actual BT device) is Intel Wireless Bluetooth.

Yeah, if there are no unknown devices you probably don't need it. It's possible that there are different variants of the motherboard, where some use AMD and other Intel for Bluetooth, but the manual just mentions Intel, so maybe the file isn't even supposed to be there 😄

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

Yeah, if there are no unknown devices you probably don't need it. It's possible that there are different variants of the motherboard, where some use AMD and other Intel for Bluetooth, but the manual just mentions Intel, so maybe the file isn't even supposed to be there 😄

Yeah I was quite perplexed when I has  first seen it cause I didnt recall this when I built it and had 10 running on it, and did a sanity check to see the W10 drivers had intel, the only AMD one was the one I was messing with and dont recall it being there before. Ok cool thanks.

System Specs