Intel iGPU no output on new build

Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,
2 minutes ago, CallmeOleg said:

RAM: DDR4 16GB (2x 8192MB) Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4-3200
CPUIntel Core i3-10100 

MB: Gigabyte Z590I VISION D (Totally Overkill, this was a wish because of the looks)

PSU: 500 Watt be quiet! SFX-L Power Modular 80+ Gold

The parts make absolutely no sense whatsoever to put it lightly

Looking at pics of the rear io on the board, dp is marked as "in" so maybe that means its an input??? Idk just buy some cheap display adapter like an nvs 300, hd 6450/7470 and see if that works

Hey Guys! First, thank you in advance for helping!  I'm doing my first Intel build for my mother and have never before worked with onboard graphics. When turning the PC on, the RGB on the RAM works, I hear the fans going, but I get no signal from my DP Port. I don't have any GPU to test that would fit in the case if I get any signal from an external GPU. I tried resetting the CMOS with the 2 connectors that are on the MB. Since I get no feedback if I did this correctly (But I'm fairly sure that I did it right) so I'm unsure if this could be the solution. The battery isnt easily accessible. 

My theory is that the Mainboard is a return item that was already connected to a gpu once as I've read that this would need a bios setting change before it will use the iGPU again

Building Parts: 

CPUIntel Core i3-10100 

MB: Gigabyte Z590I VISION D (Totally Overkill, this was a wish because of the looks)

Thank you very much! 

2 minutes ago, CallmeOleg said:

CPUIntel Core i3-10100 

The parts make absolutely no sense whatsoever to put it lightly

Looking at pics of the rear io on the board, dp is marked as "in" so maybe that means its an input??? Idk just buy some cheap display adapter like an nvs 300, hd 6450/7470 and see if that works

4 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

DisplayPort in is for Thunderbolt. Use the HDMI port.

Your board cost as much as the entire computer :p.

That board doesn't have video out with your traditional ports. It's thunderbolt out only.

So:

Get a usb c/thunderbolt display

Get a gpu

Get a sensible motherboard