Cat6a cable in cat6 keystone

Hi so my problem is a pretty straight foward one.

I have a patch pannel that is filled with cat6 keystones and right now im running entirely on cat5e.

What im wondering is since im looking to upgrade to cat6a do I need to replace the keystones or can I still use the cat6?

They are female to female keystones nothing fancy.

14 hours ago, Jeremyy44 said:

What im wondering is since im looking to upgrade to cat6a do I need to replace the keystones or can I still use the cat6?

Should work fine for regular use.

I recently routed all of the Cat5e cables in my parents' house through a simple wall-mounted Cat6 patch (punchdown) panel. There were instructions for attaching grounding clamps, but I didn't use them since the Cat5e cable that was already installed about 8 years ago never had that. I use short runs of pre-made Cat6 cables (since they were fairly inexpensive) to link to the switch. Haven't had any problems so far. Then again, their internet connection tier is not fast at all and the highest bandwidth consumption is for streaming services. LAN bandwidth tests show that it can sustain 900+ Mbps in both directions just fine.

The only time I've had issues was trying to push 5Gb and up over less than ideal circumstances and I needed to swap in some shielded couplers/keystones for those runs but beyond that no issues.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

Should work fine for regular use.

I recently routed all of the Cat5e cables in my parents' house through a simple wall-mounted Cat6 patch (punchdown) panel. There were instructions for attaching grounding clamps, but I didn't use them since the Cat5e cable that was already installed about 8 years ago never had that. I use short runs of pre-made Cat6 cables (since they were fairly inexpensive) to link to the switch. Haven't had any problems so far. Then again, their internet connection tier is not fast at all and the highest bandwidth consumption is for streaming services. LAN bandwidth tests show that it can sustain 900+ Mbps in both directions just fine.

Alright nice to know then thank you!

4 hours ago, Lurick said:

The only time I've had issues was trying to push 5Gb and up over less than ideal circumstances and I needed to swap in some shielded couplers/keystones for those runs but beyond that no issues.

Perfect then thank you!