Windows 11 Instability, Crashes with looping audio and freezing screen

Hi guys, following Issue;

Ive installed W11, made sure ive activated TPM 2.0 in my BIOS, most of the time it runs fine too. Its just that sometimes ill be playing games or working, listening to music, and ill notice that like a 0.5-1 second part of the music is looping, people on discord dont hear me anymore, i cant interact with anything anymore, and only a hard restart gets me back into my system. Seems to be happening at random almost. My Specs are a Ryzen 7 5800x, an RX 5800, and a ROG Strix B-550f Gaming motherboard. Any Ideas?

Just now, Murasaki said:

That's the problem really and no im not joking.

On the one hand, i agree, but on the other hand - unfortunately - that wont help me anymore now. Im kinda commited and going back to w10 feels like giving up at this point xD.

8 minutes ago, ValorantIsBetterThanCsgo said:

On the one hand, i agree, but on the other hand - unfortunately - that wont help me anymore now. Im kinda commited and going back to w10 feels like giving up at this point xD.

It's too early to be switching to 11, your motherboard doesn't have proper stable drivers for the OS yet from what it looks like. It may be a small change from 10 but theres still differences under the hood and its obviously showing not to mention the OS has only just released. Other than reinstalling your drivers again theres nothing else really that can be done at this point I think. That or wait for future windows updates that may fix these issues if you really don't want to roll back.

Can you clarify if you did a clean install or did you upgrade?

I'm using a B550-i/5800x and upgraded just to see and 6 days later, its been flawless. Latest B550 chipset drivers, latest Nvidia drivers. If you're having issues, clean install. Always, with any OS.

There is a known issue with AMD when fTPM is enabled these days. Try disabling it now that it's installed.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, rickeo said:

Can you clarify if you did a clean install or did you upgrade?

I'm using a B550-i/5800x and upgraded just to see and 6 days later, its been flawless. Latest B550 chipset drivers, latest Nvidia drivers. If you're having issues, clean install. Always, with any OS.

I did a clean install from an ISO file on my USB drive. I did keep the files off my old Hard drive though, if that makes any difference.

37 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

There is a known issue with AMD when fTPM is enabled these days. Try disabling it now that it's installed.

Sounds promising, will try. Thank you

Guys I also just figured out that my b550f-gaming BIOS is running version 1401, and the newest one on the ASUS site is 2423. Should I flash my BIOS? or is that unnecessarily "dangerous" considering it could brick my Motherboard?

Yes you'll want to update it.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 hours ago, ValorantIsBetterThanCsgo said:

Guys I also just figured out that my b550f-gaming BIOS is running version 1401, and the newest one on the ASUS site is 2423. Should I flash my BIOS? or is that unnecessarily "dangerous" considering it could brick my Motherboard?

You should update it. In addition, make sure you have the absolute latest drivers. If they are Windows 11 drivers, get those.

Chipset, audio and GPU drivers should be your focused. But check for everything (keyboard, mouse, printer, scanner, etc.) on your way.

Stay tuned for driver updates from all your manufactures. Many just wait for Windows 11 to be released, before caring to start testing their drivers and perform any required fixes.

This is also why, Windows 11 General Availability (like all previous version of Windows) is a few months later. This time, Microsoft said "sometime in 2022", so most likely early 2022.