Custom NZXT Phantom. My goal of the past fear years was to create and Orange/Black Rig, and I think, for the most part ive done it.

BMDC

This is my baby. She has been very good to me, I've built her piece by piece over time, and where I am at now is just about where I want to me with her.
"
Specs are in the first pic. This is my first "Enthusiast build" i've made, and I am super proud of it. A good job and saving money helps quite a bit when it comes to being able to afford decently high end parts.

I game on a 27" Asus 2560 x 1440 IPS/PLS display, and use a 23" Acer TN panel i got for dirt cheap to put up my sensor info and overclocking tools while I game. The TV on the top is a cheapy Sceptre 1080p LED backlit 1080p 3D tv, that requires passive glasses, and not those overpriced shutter frames. Its only 60hz but it is great for 1080p  3D movies.

Constructive critiques are more than welcome. Thanks for checking out my build!

I know I said the specs are in the picture,but alas, they are kinda hard to read, so here goes:
i5 3570k @ 4.7ghz
8GB mushkin blacklike @ 1866mhz cas 8
MSI Z77A-GD45 motherboard
Asus Wifi Card
Asus R9 290 water cooled with craken G10 and Corsair H55 ASETEK closed loop.
NZXT Phantom full tower newegg exclusive
Cougar CMX 700W 80+ semi modular PSU
Samsung 830 256GB SSD
Seagate Cuda 2TB HDD
WD blue 500GB HDD
Asus Blue-Ray burner

Constructive critiques are more than welcome. Thanks for checking out my build

post-70238-0-40587700-1397128762_thumb.j

post-70238-0-75863500-1397128976_thumb.j

post-70238-0-90013900-1397129040_thumb.j

post-70238-0-44990500-1397132886.png

Very nice! How is the cougar psu? I haven't heard good things about them. 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Very nice! How is the cougar psu? I haven't heard good things about them. 

I've had it for about 2 years now, one of the first parts i've bought. They've seemed to step up their game lately. I was runing two heavily OC'd 7950s and the PSU neve skipping a beat. I read some good things on it, and its orange, so I thought I'd give it a crack at the $70 i paid for it.

Cool build was going to do a themed build but i never got round to doing it . How is the H55 ? /EDIT couldnt see the writing :3 

Love that cooler .

Owner Of The Crappy .gifs

All that is missing is some orange sleeved cables or extensions!

| CPU: Intel Core i3 4130 | GPU: PowerColor R9 270 | Motherboard: Asrock H81M-HDS | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB |

|HDD: Western Digital 1TB | Case: NZXT Source 210 | PSU: Corsair CX430W | 

| Mic: Blue Snowball iCE | Mouse: Corsair K65 RGB | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma |

A black and orange board would complete your build...

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Hey this looks pretty nice, I  too have the orange & black Phantom case, around halfway through modding it (side panel etc & using the mesh to create a shield over the top) but as yet work is on hold since last year due to university work taking over. It's such a nice case though, the top fans really make it stand out compared to any other case, especially if you undervolt them to make them spin slower.

One thing I did want to ask is how you managed to get your 3570k (the same as I have) to 4.7 on air? Mine was pre-OCd to 3.8 but when tried to get up to 4 mine bluescreened, I didn't hit a temp barrier but perhaps I needed to give it a bit more juice, just wondered if you have any tips or could post your voltages etc for the CPU? As there are so many variables I don't know what to change and what to leave alone :D

Cheers!

CPU Intel  i5 3570K @ 3.8GHz ¦ Motherboard  AsRock Z77 Extreme IV ¦ RAM  16GB (8GB x 2) Teamgroup Elite ¦ GPU  2x MSI AMD 7870 HAWK Edition (X-fire) ¦ Case  NZXT Phantom Black & Orange ¦ Storage  256GB Samsung 830 SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD ¦ PSU  Corsair GS800 (800w) ¦ Display  DGM IPS-2701WPH (2560 x 1440) ¦ Cooling  Prolimatech Genesis w/ 2x Xigmatek Orange LED fans ¦ Keyboard  Logitech G15 (2nd edition) ¦ Mouse  Mad Catz MMO7 (Black & Orange) ¦ Sound Onboard, JBL Creature I speakers

cougar also sells some pretty good fans that are black/orange. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cool build was going to do a themed build but i never got round to doing it . How is the H55 ? /EDIT couldnt see the writing :3 

Love that cooler .

Its pretty good, I def think something a bit beefier couldnt hurt when it comes to overclocking the R9 290.

All that is missing is some orange sleeved cables or extensions!

Yeah I need to get some. Thats a good idea, though the cables it currently has do have some orange wrap, but individually wrapped ones would be super nice.

A black and orange board would complete your build...

I knowwwww I wanna get the high end black and orange gigabyte one, but its still like $350

Hey this looks pretty nice, I  too have the orange & black Phantom case, around halfway through modding it (side panel etc & using the mesh to create a shield over the top) but as yet work is on hold since last year due to university work taking over. It's such a nice case though, the top fans really make it stand out compared to any other case, especially if you undervolt them to make them spin slower.

One thing I did want to ask is how you managed to get your 3570k (the same as I have) to 4.7 on air? Mine was pre-OCd to 3.8 but when tried to get up to 4 mine bluescreened, I didn't hit a temp barrier but perhaps I needed to give it a bit more juice, just wondered if you have any tips or could post your voltages etc for the CPU? As there are so many variables I don't know what to change and what to leave alone :D

Cheers!

Some chips clock higher than others, I guess i just got lucky. I manage to get this chip up to 5ghz prime stable, but it was so hot 100C+ at that frequency that I backed it down to 4.7ghz. The voltage requirements at that speed are also worrying, considering there is no doubt they'd shorten the life of the slilicon. The chip I've got will actually do 4.2ghz without any adjustment to the voltage.

Sorry took so long to respond guys, i've been on vacation!

Anymore questions and comments are appreciated and will be replied to!

cougar also sells some pretty good fans that are black/orange. 

Yeah, unfortunately the 200mm cougar fans wont mount in this case...none other than the NZXT army store fans will...The phantom was designed when 200mm fans didnt really have a standard and this chassis's holes arent really up to the standard placement of holes for common 200mm fans.