Computer Insurance

Hey Guys,

I recently built my new gaming PC. And I wanted to know if anyone knows of a way I can but insurance for the computer in case anything happens?

It's cost will be covered under your home and contents insurance (making sure that the total contents amount would include it if you needed to replace everything in the event of a total loss, like a house fire)

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

It'll be covered under your home and contents insurance in the event of theft, flood, fire, etc (limited to your insurance policy T&Cs)

If you're really worried put $50 a month in a piggy bank. Then at least after a year or two if nothing has gone wrong you still have the money for upgrades or a new PC.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

21 minutes ago, NetSpear said:

if anyone knows of a way I can but insurance for the computer in case anything happens?

As many says, it goes under your home insurance, but check the policy youre looking at to make sure that in-transit loss is also covered, as some just throw the responsibility to customers and law enforcement.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

If you have any doubts, DO contact your home insurer to be certain they cover it.

If you don't have home insurance, getting some is the only useful path to insuring your computer.

Keep EVERY receipt/invoice that states what parts you used, how much they cost, when and where you bought them as proof should something go wrong.

Adding to above, at least my home insurance has low limit. Insurance will only pay things over €150 (but up to €15k). If I were to travel more than 100km from my home, it would be under travel insurance. Meaning no low limit, but lower total amount.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, NetSpear said:

Hey Guys,

I recently built my new gaming PC. And I wanted to know if anyone knows of a way I can but insurance for the computer in case anything happens?

There are, but it depends.

First things first, you need to determine the value of the PC, and how long you want the "insurance" to protect it.

If you built a custom PC, you'll need to use third party insurance. Your best bet is if you (or your parents) have "Contents Insurance" ("House" or "Apartment" insurance) that covers belongings. Please note, this will typically only protect against theft or destruction, but you should check the policy for details.

You can buy extended warranties (often including accidental protection) from some vendors, but it varies, and it's unlikely you'd be able to get it for all components this way.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)