Samsung takes legal action over reports of GS5 camera problems

snowComet

Since Samsung released the S3 they haven't done anything out of the ordinary, just spec bumps. I hope HTC takes the Android throne.

Since Samsung released the S3 they haven't done anything out of the ordinary, just spec bumps. I hope HTC takes the Android throne.

From what I've seen, HTC has slowed down a bit too, but not nearly as much as Samsung (not to mention Apple, when looking just phones' advancements in general nowadays). More smaller companies should come to stir things up to a better direction for us consumers (though they can easily get bought by the bigger companies and then the situation is just gonna be back in square one).

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Water proof? Gestures? Can be used with gloves/hover? All the sensors (temperature, humidity, barometer, RGB light sensor etc)? Wireless charging?

It's not just spec bumps. HTC are far less innovative.

Water proof? Gestures? Can be used with gloves/hover? All the sensors (temperature, humidity, barometer, RGB light sensor etc)? Wireless charging?

It's not just spec bumps. HTC are far less innovative.

You mean gimmicks. The water proof the Sony Xperia Z had it first on a high end smartphone, Nokia also had it first with glove-friendly touchscreen.

You mean gimmicks

Most of them might be gimmicks, but honestly, some of them are actually useful (like water proofing and extra sensors for temp, humidity etc.). Although does a phone need them all?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Most of them might be gimmicks, but honestly, some of them are actually useful (like water proofing and extra sensors for temp, humidity etc.). Although does a phone need them all?

Yeah water proof actually is pretty nice but the Sony Xperia Z had it first on a high end smartphone, Samsung is just following.

Yeah water proof actually is pretty nice but the Sony Xperia Z had it first on a high end smartphone, Samsung is just following.

You're right that they're not the first ones to do so, but at least introducing water proofing to their lineups is still a good thing (though I would question the word "introducing" the water proofing on Samsung's phones, as some of their previous phones have had that as well (like S4 active, XCover 2 etc.)).

You're right that they're not the first ones to do so, but at least introducing water proofing to their lineups is still a good thing (though I would question the word "introducing" the water proofing on Samsung's phones, as some of their previous phones have had that as well (like S4 active, XCover 2 etc.)).

I hope the next gen of high end smartphones have by default waterproof. I'm thankful to Sony for starting this trend. 

I hope the next gen of high end smartphones have by default waterproof. I'm thankful to Sony for starting this trend. 

Most likely not, but maybe including it in lower-tier phones than high-end ones.

You mean gimmicks. The water proof the Sony Xperia Z had it first on a high end smartphone, Nokia also had it first with glove-friendly touchscreen.

It's still stuff out of the ordinary and not just "spec bumps".

Forget about Galaxy Gear? What has HTC done? Other than adding an extra camera for effects that people are never going to use? Spec bumps are about the norm for any electronic component.

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

Forget about Galaxy Gear? What has HTC done? Other than adding an extra camera for effects that people are never going to use? Spec bumps are about the norm for any electronic component.

We've really hit the plateau in terms of smart phone innovation, all we get now are gimmicks and bumped specs. Two year old flagships are more than capable of holding their own against the modern day flagships. 

Haha Galaxy Gear. What a joke. I have never seen one EVER. NO ONE has it, its a shit thing that only Samsung fanboys will buy

Haha Galaxy Gear. What a joke. I have never seen one EVER. NO ONE has it, its a shit thing that only Samsung fanboys will buy

Bahahaha Galaxy Gear. Seriously though, modern smart watches will never replace the class and feeling and 5 year battery life of a classic analogue watch :P

Bahahaha Galaxy Gear. Seriously though, modern smart watches will never replace the class and feeling and 5 year battery life of a classic analogue watch :P

Exactly. A smartwatch can't last a lifetime on one circular battery now can it :)

Exactly. A smartwatch can't last a lifetime on one circular battery now can it :)

+1, A watch is always on, always there to tell you the time, nothing more (except as a nice one looks great in a suit in the office). Less than one day battery with crap features and support = Galaxy Gear Fail