Budget 40-50 Inch 4K TV

eventualpilot

Looking for suggestions for a balanced 40 - 50 inch smart 4K TV within a $400-500 USD budget.

In addition to steaming TV and movies, it will be used with a PS5 and/or Xbox Series X

EDIT:  Took some measurements and it appears current stand can accommodate most TVs up to 50 inches.

This will be a rough one. Unfortunately 43 inch tvs don't get much love. Can you go bigger size wise? 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

2 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

This will be a rough one. Unfortunately 43 inch tvs don't get much love. Can you go bigger size wise? 

Probably, but not much bigger.  The existing stand is 42 inches wide, so as long as the stand legs are can fit I could go bigger.

Try to hunt Philips 436M6VBPAB 43inch 4K UHD LED Monitor (DisplayHDR1000 Certified), it was below $600USD a while ago and not in stock anymore. Also, it's not exactly a "TV" but advertised for 4K console gaming experience.

https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/436M6VBPAB_27/momentum-4k-hdr-display-with-ambiglow

I have a PS4 and use a Samsung 43-inch QLED Q60T Series. Got it on a big sale but is is US$537 on Amazon right now. Works fine for my games (though I'm not a heavy gamer on console) and streaming video content like Netflix.

5600x/RTX 4080

“1. Never tell everything at once.” - Ken Venturi's Two Great Rules of Life

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to expand the budget a bit due to desire for 120hz refresh rate.

Looking at the Sony X85J in 43" or 50" ($649/$749).

Possibly the 55" Hisense U8G ($849) or the 50" Sony X90J ($899), but that depends on if Black Friday pricing decreases from the current.

5 hours ago, eventualpilot said:

Possibly the 55" Hisense U8G ($849) or the 50" Sony X90J ($899), but that depends on if Black Friday pricing decreases from the current.

They're all good options, but I'd personally go for the Hisense if possible due to it's great HDR performance that will put both SONY TVs to shame.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

19 hours ago, eventualpilot said:

Decided to expand the budget a bit due to desire for 120hz refresh rate.

Hisense for sure. I had the H8G and that tv was really nice. Brightness was crazy on it and hdr stuff looked great. Unfortunately the wife's dog broke it so I bought an OLED. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x