Dual Pc Stream Problems

Hello everyone, 

I've built 2 pc's for a dual pc setup so that I could have my games at higher settings and so that my twitch stream would not start to drop frames like crazy, but for some reason it still does. 

Gaming PC                                                                                               Stream PC

i9-9900K not OC at the moment                                                               i5-9600K

32 GB RAM @ 3200                                                                                 16 GB RAM @2400

RTX 2070 Gigabyte Windforce not OC at the moment                             GeForce GT 730                 

ASUS ROGSTRIX Maximus Xl                                                                 Asus MB (idk the exact model but non OC)

750 WATT EVGA GOLD PSU                                                                   650 Watt PSU

Elgato HD60 Pro (PCIe)

I use OBS on my stream PC and have my main monitor (1080p 144hz)  on my gaming pc duplicated going back to the elgato in the stream pc (settings in the images). I have gig internet going to both pc's. My audio isn't an issue as I use Voice Meeter Banana and that doesn't give me problems. I tried using the videos I found on google, and they make it seem like no issue but mine when I try it drops frames. I try games like Rocket league and even in that kinda game my frames drop on OBS and the stream is unwatchable at times.

Please let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks!

Capture 2.PNG

Capture settings.PNG

GT 730 is kinda really weak.... Probably a GTX 760 would be more ideal for this.

3 hours ago, Revoked Saint said:

Hello everyone, 

I've built 2 pc's for a dual pc setup so that I could have my games at higher settings and so that my twitch stream would not start to drop frames like crazy, but for some reason it still does. 

Gaming PC                                                                                               Stream PC

i9-9900K not OC at the moment                                                               i5-9600K

32 GB RAM @ 3200                                                                                 16 GB RAM @2400

RTX 2070 Gigabyte Windforce not OC at the moment                             GeForce GT 730                 

ASUS ROGSTRIX Maximus Xl                                                                 Asus MB (idk the exact model but non OC)

750 WATT EVGA GOLD PSU                                                                   650 Watt PSU

Elgato HD60 Pro (PCIe)

I use OBS on my stream PC and have my main monitor (1080p 144hz)  on my gaming pc duplicated going back to the elgato in the stream pc (settings in the images). I have gig internet going to both pc's. My audio isn't an issue as I use Voice Meeter Banana and that doesn't give me problems. I tried using the videos I found on google, and they make it seem like no issue but mine when I try it drops frames. I try games like Rocket league and even in that kinda game my frames drop on OBS and the stream is unwatchable at times.

Please let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks!

Capture 2.PNG

Capture settings.PNG

a 730 is really bad... https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2070-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-GT-730/4029vsm12582

maybe wait till the gpu crisis is over and then buy a 3060

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

Have you tried to encode with CPU instead of GPU? CPU encoding is usually dismissed in one PC setups as its used by all resources (OS, background software, game, streaming software). Which is why using GPU to encode is usually better choice. That doesn't mean it would be bad choice when you don't have anything else but encoding (plus OS ang bg software) for it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

Have you tried to encode with CPU instead of GPU? CPU encoding is usually dismissed in one PC setups as its used by all resources (OS, background software, game, streaming software). Which is why using GPU to encode is usually better choice. That doesn't mean it would be bad choice when you don't have anything else but encoding (plus OS ang bg software) for it.

I believe I have and when I tried steaming a fast paced game like apex or war zone. The frames drop like crazy. 

27 minutes ago, Revoked Saint said:

It for the stream PC I don’t think I need a 3060 for just encoding. 

yeah you dont lol. maybe a 1650 super?

On 10/3/2021 at 3:56 PM, Coastqr said:

yeah you dont lol. maybe a 1650 super?

whenever they come back in stock lol.