Extending PCIE cable

Liborio
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
37 minutes ago, Liborio said:

Do you have a link of an example cable that would be good quality + compatible with my PSU/corsair cable?

Cablemod extension cables

Hi,

I need more length on my power cable from PSU to GPU. I want to know if i purchase a 8 Pin Female to Dual 8 Pin (6+2) Male PCI Express Power Cable 18AWG extender cable and plug it on the end of the PCIE cable coming out of the PSU, this will work and give me some extra length?

Something like this: https://imgur.com/a/XWNUs3o

I have a Corsair 1000W RM1000x Gold Power Supply.

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Liborio said:

Hi,

I need more length on my power cable from PSU to GPU. I want to know if i purchase a 8 Pin Female to Dual 8 Pin (6+2) Male PCI Express Power Cable 18AWG extender cable and plug it on the end of the PCIE cable coming out of the PSU, this will work and give me some extra length?

Something like this: https://imgur.com/a/XWNUs3o

I have a Corsair 1000W RM1000x Gold Power Supply.

Thank you.

Buy a longer direct cable, not an extension.

Just now, IIIIIIIIII said:

Buy a longer direct cable, not an extension.

Its to power a riser so this wont solve my issue either. Basically, the cable coming out of the PSU, 1 male connector is going into 1 riser and the other male connector is going in the other but there is not enough space between them so i need to create more distance, thus plugging an extender like the one i linked into one of the male connectors with the female side then plug the male side of the extender into the riser.....

27 minutes ago, Liborio said:

Its to power a riser so this wont solve my issue either. Basically, the cable coming out of the PSU, 1 male connector is going into 1 riser and the other male connector is going in the other but there is not enough space between them so i need to create more distance, thus plugging an extender like the one i linked into one of the male connectors with the female side then plug the male side of the extender into the riser.....

Just buy a longer cable from cablemod or something. I advice against cheap extenders where possible and most are just that cheap crappy extender cables.

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Just buy a longer cable from cablemod or something. I advice against cheap extenders where possible and most are just that cheap crappy extender cables.

Sorry maybe im explaining wrong. Its not the length of the cable from the PSU to the male connecter, its the daisy chain. The cable has two male connectors at the end, i need the range of the connecter coming off the connector to be longer so they are not as close to eachother....

40 minutes ago, Liborio said:

Sorry maybe im explaining wrong. Its not the length of the cable from the PSU to the male connecter, its the daisy chain. The cable has two male connectors at the end, i need the range of the connecter coming off the connector to be longer so they are not as close to eachother....

So i have a PCIE cable from the PSU to a riser, then the OEM daisy chain off that cable to another riser but it is too short and close together so i want to extend one of the ends so the risers arent so close together.....

1 hour ago, Liborio said:

Then just get 2 separate cables that plug into your psu.

Just now, jaslion said:

Then just get 2 separate cables that plug into your psu.

Dont have any space left on the PSU and dont want to get another PSU for 1 cable thus why im trying to find a solution

7 minutes ago, Liborio said:

Dont have any space left on the PSU and dont want to get another PSU for 1 cable thus why im trying to find a solution

Well then you don't have a choice to get GOOD extender cables. But DO NOT GET A SPLITTER AT ALL EVER. Get a 1 to 1 8pin extension cable.

Just now, jaslion said:

Well then you don't have a choice to get GOOD extender cables. But DO NOT GET A SPLITTER AT ALL EVER. Get a 1 to 1 8pin extension cable.

Okay thanks for the advice, so 1 to 1, 8 pin male to female?

Just now, jaslion said:

Yes

Do you have a link of an example cable that would be good quality + compatible with my PSU/corsair cable?

37 minutes ago, Liborio said:

Cablemod extension cables