B+M key pcie to m.2 adapter

kucharczykt

I've been looking for a good 20min now and I can't seem to find a pcie to m.2 adapter that supports a b+m SSD. It also needs to fit in a pcie 1x slot and cost under 50USD (if that's not a reasonable price then it'll probably just be cheaper to get a different SSD).

Thanks in advance!

Here's a PCIe card that supports SATA SSDs.

You won't need a SATA power cable, but you will need to connect the data cable to the card.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 minute ago, BobVonBob said:

Here's a PCIe card that supports SATA SSDs.

You won't need a SATA power cable, but you will need to connect the data cable to the card.

Its an intel optane SSD so it's not sata but I had wondered why it used b+m, is there a reason for that or did Intel just like how b+m looked?

25 minutes ago, kucharczykt said:

Its an intel optane SSD so it's not sata but I had wondered why it used b+m, is there a reason for that or did Intel just like how b+m looked?

b+M is for sata or pcie x2.

20 minutes ago, kucharczykt said:

Also that's a pcie 4x card I need a 1x card because my cheap ass m-atx mobo has like no slots.

Why not just use a sata ssd, optane doesn't make sense here.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

b+M is for sata or pcie x2.

Why not just use a sata ssd, optane doesn't make sense here.

I want it for a SSD cache not to actually use for storage directly.

1 minute ago, kucharczykt said:

I want it for a SSD cache not to actually use for storage directly.

You can use any ssd for caching, and you can't use the optane caching software on that system, so get a cheaper bigger ssd here.

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can use any ssd for caching, and you can't use the optane caching software on that system, so get a cheaper bigger ssd here.

Why can't I use optane here? Does it have to be a compatible mobo? Also I found a good deal on an older optane drive so I had assumed that would be a good option. Also, is there any real reason to go for a bigger drive for a cache?

2 minutes ago, kucharczykt said:

Why can't I use optane here? Does it have to be a compatible mobo? Also I found a good deal on an older optane drive so I had assumed that would be a good option. Also, is there any real reason to go for a bigger drive for a cache?

you need to have a optane compatible system.

A bigger cache will be faster as more of the data can be store in the cache.

Id get a cheap sata ssd here. should work better, and you don't have to deal with intels caching software.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

you need to have a optane compatible system.

A bigger cache will be faster as more of the data can be store in the cache.

Id get a cheap sata ssd here. should work better, and you don't have to deal with intels caching software.

Ight, thanks for the advice.