Low PPD from HD 7950

So I have a PowerColor AX7950 and I'm not seeing much PPD. The most I think I have got out of it has been around 6k where as my 5370K is putting out around 9-10k sometimes. I leave my rig folding almost 24/7 as power is cheapish and I don't have to worry about internet etc. Any tips of how to increase my PPD?

\

as of right now the PPD on AMD cards are pretty bad on core 16. Until they re-release core 17 WU its going to stay that low. I have a MSI 7950 and I get around the same amount of PPD.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I have the same problem with my 7850, I get around 3K PPD. What drivers are you running?

"An Excellent Signature"

I am running 13.1 ; My old GTX 550 Ti was putting out around 10k :/

\

I am running 13.1 ; My old GTX 550 Ti was putting out around 10k :/

Try upgrading to 13.4 drivers. Right now Folding@Home is optimized for Nvidia GPUs which is why they have much higher PPD.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

UPDATE - new Core17 released. Make sure you have the Beta flag set - the project is P7663 - if you get one of those, look for your PPD to jump. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Sounds awesome, sadly I am bed bound for the next day or so and will only be able to edit stuff then.

\