Help my laptop is apparently stuck in a BIOS update

Go to solution Solved by nick_Nachu,
38 minutes ago, BadBoyHaloCat said:

Let it sit. If it takes more than a few hours then be worried.

Keep it plugged in, DO NOT LET IT TURN OFF. I've had my mobo bricked from a power loss during bios upd once. On this same model of laptop.

Thank you, it just got done updating the BIOS, I was VERY freaked out about it since most updates I've ever seen on my laptop were windows updates and the fact that this appeared was new (and thus scary) to me, only bad thing is that I also have to fucking update windows before shutting the computer down

I tried to turn off my HP laptop about an hour ago and it went into this screen what does this mean

16322784841504083524295892907532.jpg

Keep it plugged in, DO NOT LET IT TURN OFF. I've had my mobo bricked from a power loss during bios upd once. On this same model of laptop.

If it takes over 3 hours on the SAME SCREEN (if it changes from Initializing to something like Installing update [chunk XXXXX sector XXXXX XX%]) then contact HP.

38 minutes ago, BadBoyHaloCat said:

Thank you, it just got done updating the BIOS, I was VERY freaked out about it since most updates I've ever seen on my laptop were windows updates and the fact that this appeared was new (and thus scary) to me, only bad thing is that I also have to fucking update windows before shutting the computer down