Vertical tower coolers?

Keetan Brumm

Lian Li 011d mini

Asus TUF x570+wifi

Ryzen 2600x

16gb gskill

EVGA GTX 1080ftw

So I just got the vertical gpu mount.

And should have guessed my big beefcake shadow rock 3 cooler does not fit with the vertical bracket. 

I planned for that and have a spare AIO that I use for situations like this.  

BUT that being said I don't trust AIO coolers, I work at a tech repair shop and have seen too many that burst and ruined 1000+ rigs.

So has anybody had this exact issue and found a cooler with enough clearance? Vertical or horizontal?

Or any other suggestions or ideas to make something work?

I've looked at a few coolers but thinking vertical mounting may be my only option.....help lol

PXL_20210921_183711748.jpg

Been building computers for 15 years, first AIO was in 2009 and been using them since. They're fine. My suggestion is ditch the vertical GPU bracket (your GPU will thank you since it'll get more direct fresh air from your bottom intake fans) or use your AIO.

51 minutes ago, Keetan Brumm said:

Lian Li 011d mini

Asus TUF x570+wifi

Ryzen 2600x

16gb gskill

EVGA GTX 1080ftw

And should have guessed my big beefcake shadow rock 3 cooler does not fit with the vertical bracket. 

BUT that being said I don't trust AIO coolers, I work at a tech repair shop and have seen too many that burst and ruined 1000+ rigs.

So has anybody had this exact issue and found a cooler with enough clearance? Vertical or horizontal?

I've looked at a few coolers but thinking vertical mounting may be my only option.....help lol

PXL_20210921_183711748.jpg

well if you really want a vertical gpu (for the looks) and dont want to use an aio mnpctech has a gpu mount to 120mm fan and mount in in the front i guess and use a pcie extension.

you would have to put your hdmi cable thow a pci slot thow

RTX-vertical-gpu-case-mount-bracket-frac

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, Keetan Brumm said:

Lian Li 011d mini

Asus TUF x570+wifi

Ryzen 2600x

16gb gskill

EVGA GTX 1080ftw

Your GPU is going to cook with that glass side panel.

Alright I should probably clarify.

I'm on the go constantly, so I will get some clearance measurements as soon as I can. 

In terms of temps they are fine and well within spec.

The fans directly underneath it blow fresh air straight through the gpu heatsink fins. And has about 3-4cm(maybe more) between the temp glass and GPU. Matter of fact the temps dropped since installing the vertical bracket.

GFX card caps at 60°c on Cod Cold war max settings. Cpu I'm lucky to hit 50°c, usually sits around 47°c.

I just want an air cooler for peace of mind, no hate towards them I have used them in the past.

Just don't trust them especially as originally stated I have seen many fail.

Even built a system for a friend of mine about 7 years ago. AIO failed last year and fried his mobo/cpu. Hence the distrust lol

Oh and should probably add that I run a triple monitor setup plus my VR so running cables internally would be...messy lol

2 hours ago, Keetan Brumm said:

Alright I should probably clarify.

I'm on the go constantly, so I will get some clearance measurements as soon as I can. 

In terms of temps they are fine and well within spec.

The fans directly underneath it blow fresh air straight through the gpu heatsink fins. And has about 3-4cm(maybe more) between the temp glass and GPU. Matter of fact the temps dropped since installing the vertical bracket.

GFX card caps at 60°c on Cod Cold war max settings. Cpu I'm lucky to hit 50°c, usually sits around 47°c.

I just want an air cooler for peace of mind, no hate towards them I have used them in the past.

Just don't trust them especially as originally stated I have seen many fail.

Even built a system for a friend of mine about 7 years ago. AIO failed last year and fried his mobo/cpu. Hence the distrust lol

Oh and should probably add that I run a triple monitor setup plus my VR so running cables internally would be...messy lol

7 years of an aio sound good... besides most will upgrade after 5-7 years anyway..

also how was that aio mounted there ways to make it last logger

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

just go for a lp top flow cpu cooler in that case. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

• 2 weeks later...

Alright I finally got home and checked clearance. Unfortunatly I only have 90mm (if that) so it looks like I'm stuck with liquid.

My boss of all people has offered to lend me a 212 Evo to try mounting vertically, but I'm not getting my hopes up lol

I'll come back and let y'all know if the 212 vertically works or not.

46 minutes ago, Keetan Brumm said:

Alright I finally got home and checked clearance. Unfortunatly I only have 90mm (if that) so it looks like I'm stuck with liquid.

My boss of all people has offered to lend me a 212 Evo to try mounting vertically, but I'm not getting my hopes up lol

I'll come back and let y'all know if the 212 vertically works or not.

why not a top flow cooler like the scythe big shuriken 3?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

There's tons of good top flow pancake cooler options u can do, My first pick would be: Phanteks PH-TC12LS. Either stock or with a zip-tied  Phanteks T30-120 for it. (70 euros for cooler + T30-120 fan.

Otherwise the Big shuriken 3 mentioned (least performance), or a Id-cooling IS-60 (also with a zip-tied 120x30mm T30-120) for the same price.

• 1 month later...

Sorry it's been awhile, with xmas on the way fast and some heavy car troubles my PC was the last thing on my mind.

But for those interested I did find a solution. 

I started building my wife a Harley Quinn themed PC for xmas and to go along with my joker theme, which gave me an excuse to try out a cooler or two.

I ended up finding one that worked for really cheap.

First bought a shadow rock tf2 (bk003)

Which fit with no fan, and rubbed the GFX card.

Then picked up the shadow rock LP(bk002), which works perfectly even with a thicker 120mm fan on it. I have about a pinky width between card and cooler.

Then swapped the tf2 into the wife's build. So all is well and my temps are lowered down to the 50s even while gaming at high.

So thanks all for the suggestions.