Help with FPS drop on ASUS TUF A15 while gaming.

egroj97

Hello everyone, I've been having some issues with FPS drop on my ASUS TUF A15 while playing games like Apex Legends, Witcher 3 and Rocket League.

The specs are as follows:

• 60 Hz Monitor
  • RTX 2060
  • Ryzen 7 4800H
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM
  • Cooler Master NotePal X3 Cooling Pad

Granted, I'm very new at PC gaming, but from what I understand when selecting the default values on Apex Legends, the game should easily run on high(?). I've also played while sing teh monitoring tools on windows and I've never seen the temperature of the GPU or CPU rise above 95°C nor have I seen either of the two go above 50% usage.

Any suggestions on what could I do to be able to game at 60 FPS  consistently would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks in advance :)

21 minutes ago, egroj97 said:

FPS drop

21 minutes ago, egroj97 said:

95°C

Sounds like the laptop is thermal throttling to me

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

22 hours ago, egroj97 said:I've never seen the temperature of the GPU or CPU rise above 95°C nor have I seen either of the two go above 50% usage.

I believe that what’s happening is that the laptop gets too hot while playing and cuts back on power so it doesn’t damage itself, leading to an FPS drop. That’s callled thermal throttling, and the only solution is to get better/fix the current cooling