IPMI on a consumer board

gibbsy81

Does anyone know if it is capable to buy a card that i can throw in a consumer grade mobo i want to be able to control my grandmothers machine at the bios level so that i can have he insert a windows DVD and do entire windows installs remotely rather than travel for 2 hours to her house 

If anyone made something like that maybe Intel?

I don't know this. Would be very interesting if something like this is around.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

IPMI on every board.

Asus pls, Gigabyte pls, everyone pls.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Some Intel AMT capable boards ("Q" series chipsets) have limited KVM functionality. Other then that most IPMI KVM add-on boards are usually specific to a certain BIOS implementation and most of the time are motherboard specific because they don't have the hardware connectors onboard but instead rely on the connectors on the motherboard. You can consider them upgrade "options" for entry level server boards.

One PCI card that I found that looks promising: http://www.aten.com/products/KVM-Switches/KVM-over-IP-Switches/Remote-Management-PCI-Card~IP8000.html#.U0k8DfmSy6M

But it's really expensive. And I cannot guarantee it will work with your motherboard.

There are more things in heaven and earth then are dreamt of in your philosophy.