No POST when DIMMB1/B2 slots in use

Fergono

I have had this problem since 06/2020 of no POST when any RAM is in DIMMB1/B2

Running win 10 x64.  PC works find with two ram sticks in DIMMA1/A2 but will not post with any ram in other slots.

the EZ-debug mobo light for DRAM lights up & stays on.  

MOBO - MSI X570-A PRO on latest BIOS  (was RMA'd to retailer who "could not replicate fault")

PSU - Antec NEO Eco gold ZEN 600w - non modular

CPU - This happened with my 3600x & now with a 5600x - even after XMP enabled in bios

RAM - 8gb sticks of G.Skill Trident Z   F4-3200C16Q-32GTZB  (tried others, same issue)

GPU - AMD 5500 XT 8GB

Storage 

2x NVME WD blue SN550  500gb

3x 2.5" HDD 500gb

1x PCIe AIC (Gigabyte AORUS RGB AIC 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD GP-ASACNE2100TTTDR)

Monitors - a 34"curved 1440p viewsonic & 24"1080p IPS viewsonic .

This happens with RAM not on QVL list (thermaltake toughram Z-ONE 2x8GB R010D408GX2-3600C18A) and RAM on QVL list for mobo and CPU (G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C16Q-32GTZB)

I have loosened the cooler brackets, tried stock cooler and nothing.  Changed case recently and re-tested every connection/plug.

Any other ideas? some AMD forum threads with same fault was reported to be a faulty memory chip.   But it cant be IMC in my case, as it happens on both my CPUs

One concern is that my PSU is non-modular, but the Mobo has an extra power socket (8 pin plug + 4 pins CPU_PWR2) & I am only using 8 pin plug. 

my advice is this second power plug is only required for higher power systems than mine..

should I RMA my mobo again?   Or try another PSU?   any suggestions welcomed

First thing I would assume in this case is a bad mobo but if you’ve used it for 2 years it seems unlikely that RMA is in the picture.  I’m assuming that has been checked?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Thanks for your reply, 

I already RMA'd the board to the retailer, who claimed they could not replicate the fault.

I asked them to keep the return request open, and recently updated it as I tried it with another CPU and the fault remained. so a RMA is still possible I hope.

however they take ages, and I will need to buy a new board to use in the meantime as my work depends on this PC.

I opened a support ticket with MSI who gave some unhelpful suggestion (to clear CMOS I think)

I have tried;

3x different kits of RAM 

2x different CPUs 

checked all power plugs on everything

checked ram in every combination of dimm slot

Updated bios regularly

turned quick-boot mode off & XMP on

re-seated the CPU, RAM & GPU

tried with a new air cooler, stock cooler & without cooler 

same thing happened when board was new, and after the Retailer had tested it

out of ideas..