Bought a 4tb Internal Hard drive, only 2 tb is showing up, while the other 2tb is showing me "Unallocated".

Hank234

I'm sorry, I'm such a newbie with PC, and I have no other friends who uses PC. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm only getting 2tb instead of 4tb, I checked my drives, and it's showing me "2tb", while my other drive is "Unallocated", I think I have it already register. How do I add my other 2tb?

Thank you!!!

e076dc9f5fe7d08518b9c3c17c75668c.thumb.png.5b79eced6e6a88dca8fd2b8e6d9691a9.png

This is what I'm seeing. When I click on "Unallocated" aafb8e54172907a28b1beaff9b30acc5.png.3f12ed6bcde1c040055340ff4d072c80.pngI can't click "New Simple Volume". 

Please help me!! 

Thank you!!!

Thats looks like a drive is mbr instead of gpt.

Rict click on the disk 0 on the left, and select convert to gpt. Might have to move your page file over.

Please but your pagefile on your ssd, it will be soo much faster, you don't want the page file on the hdd

The first thing you should probably do is right click the actual partition and see if you can hit "extend". If that doesn't work, you're probably better off heading to the command line (assuming you're comfortable in there) and use the diskpart program to get it partitioned. If you get errors out of diskpart, you'll probably have to load up a live USB of Linux and partition the drive through there

16 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Thats looks like a drive is mbr instead of gpt.

Rict click on the disk 0 on the left, and select convert to gpt. Might have to move your page file over.

Please but your pagefile on your ssd, it will be soo much faster, you don't want the page file on the hdd

Thank you for coming back to me. But when I try to convent it to GPT, I can't. As the gif shows. Also, I have no files on my hard drive. Also, what you mean by "pagefile"? 

fbd9fc5220bf4f650a9ac7d45094c286.png

Just now, Hank234 said:

Thank you for coming back to me. But when I try to convent it to GPT, I can't. As the gif shows.

Is there data you care about on this? If not, just delete the partition, then convert.

Just now, Hank234 said:

Also, what you mean by "pagefile"? 

Page file is where the system stores ram on disk. You want this on fast storage.

You can change this under virtual memory settings in system information(system.cpl in run)

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Is there data you care about on this? If not, just delete the partition, then convert.

Do you mean just uninstall the hard drive? If I uninstall, would I need to go back to my case and unplug the hard drive?

1 minute ago, Hank234 said:

Do you mean just uninstall the hard drive? If I uninstall, would I need to go back to my case and unplug the hard drive?

Nope, dleete the partition. Right clock on the J: and select delete.

10 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Looks like its greyed out as its your page file drive. Go remove the page file from that drive first, then delete the volume.

Sorry for the wait, but I got it! I moved my page file over to my ssd, and had to restart my pc! Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it. One last question. If I want to use my SSD for games, how would I move my other files and program to my hard drive? Only have steam, epic games, and origin games on my ssd only. 

1 minute ago, Hank234 said:

Sorry for the wait, but I got it! I moved my page file over to my ssd, and had to restart my pc! Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it. One last question. If I want to use my SSD for games, how would I move my other files and program to my hard drive? Only have steam, epic games, and origin games on my ssd only. 

Most of those game installers let you pick where to put the game files, so just pick a path that is on the hdd to store the games on a hdd.

Hm, interesting.

Ok, Ill figure it out. Thank you so much for the help!!! I appreciate it!