some free app/toolkit that allows me to build a website fastly?

so I know only a little of html and css, but not that much of anything else

So I was looking for something that allows me to build a website fastly for free if that does even exist

I Know that there are things like Shopify but they are damnly expensive, and websites do look like some standard

mods: I'm not sure if I needed to post it there or app sub, I'm sorry if it's again the wrong thread 😓

Wordpress, wix, squarespace?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

What are you going to use the website for?

Easiest way to set up a website with little coding knowledge is a CMS like Wordpress, Squarespace, Joomla and so on... Most of these have a free plan or a very budget-friendly option for beginners.

If you need something even more basic, and you are familiar with Design tools, you can use tools like Adobe XD to make a simple prototype, and upload it to some webserver or Github pages or similar hosting options. Another "no code" solution is webflow.

5 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

What are you going to use the website for?

selling stuff

5 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

Easiest way to set up a website with little coding knowledge is a CMS like Wordpress, Squarespace, Joomla and so on... Most of these have a free plan or a very budget-friendly option for beginners.

If you need something even more basic, and you are familiar with Design tools, you can use tools like Adobe XD to make a simple prototype, and upload it to some webserver or Github pages or similar hosting options. Another "no code" solution is webflow.

I'm willing to learn some code, as long it doesn't require me too much time

1 minute ago, 12345678 said:

selling stuff

I'm willing to learn some code, as long it doesn't require me too much time

Selling stuff is a whole different can of worms, unless you're just using the website as a portfolio to present your work and people contact you directly to buy something. If you're planning to sell stuff and have everything handled by the system, you need an e-commerce solution, like shopify, woocommerce (based on wordpress), I think wix and squarespace also offer e-commerce systems

9 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

Selling stuff is a whole different can of worms, unless you're just using the website as a portfolio to present your work and people contact you directly to buy something. If you're planning to sell stuff and have everything handled by the system, you need an e-commerce solution, like shopify, woocommerce (based on wordpress), I think wix and squarespace also offer e-commerce systems

but doesn't like paypal allows you to create customizable payment buttons, and then you just copy and paste the code on wherever you want to place it?

but with credit cards, I don't really know what to use...

meanwhile for premade systems, can I know what sort of things do they use to make up the thing?

13 hours ago, 12345678 said:

but doesn't like paypal allows you to create customizable payment buttons, and then you just copy and paste the code on wherever you want to place it?

Not sure it's still a thing but yeah it at least used to be. Would kinda make it look like "website done by a guy with no idea in 2010" though and probably not inspire much confidence with buyers.

13 hours ago, 12345678 said:

meanwhile for premade systems, can I know what sort of things do they use to make up the thing?

Well wordpress uses open source wordpress you can deplay yourself on your own server, the mainstream commercial ones all have their own custom developed CMSes. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2