Mobo voltmodding

Yeaaa rams at 900mhz dont seem to be stable and increasing ram volts dont do sht, so im pretty sure nb is holding me back

Ive found 4 ics of interest

Spoiler

IMG_20210917_234534.thumb.jpg.a3a04951b1f9d3a49dba6c107faf0a98.jpg

3 near the rams so atleast one of them is controlling vdimm

IMG_20210917_234550.thumb.jpg.87ea4c6069a1ba2c2e66fc194735ff92.jpgit is somewhat close to the nb but i think it controls sb voltage, might look into increasing it but i dont think thats neccesary

Im more suspecting the 3 ics near rams cause the other 2 might control fsb term/vtt or nb voltage

Currently gonna buy some 50k ohm potentiometers and a cheap digital multimiter, any other equipment that i need?

And maybe ill need thinner guage wire? (i have some wire from dead psus so i might be able to find one thats thin enough)

"But buy a better board" i have a p5q but that requires a better psu otheriwse volts go haywire, and im gonne reserve that board for a proper testbench (or atleast a stop gap till i can get a ddr3 p45 or x48 board)

"But its not worth it" i just want it to be as cheap as possible, and i do know its most likely not worth it (ill prob waste a ton of time) but ill atleast give it a try, who knows maybe ill use this to voltmod my p5q aswell for higher sb volts since sb only goes to around 1.5v

though im pretty sure basically no one knows anything about voltmodding anymore considering that its long dead art and the last time ive seen mobo voltmodding is on lga775, but who knows maybe someone knows a thing or 2 about voltmodding

First off, any inquiry should include a specific build spec. Board cpu memory ect ect.

I mean what's the overclock? 900mhz on ddr2 isn't terrible, might be just this kit. More volts doesn't always make ram go more unless that particular IC scales in this fashion.

Spill the beans. Need way more information here.

7 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

First off, any inquiry should include a specific build spec. Board cpu memory ect ect.

I mean what's the overclock? 900mhz on ddr2 isn't terrible, might be just this kit. More volts doesn't always make ram go more unless that particular IC scales in this fashion.

Spill the beans. Need way more information here.

Board is a g31m s2c

Cpu is a c2d e8400, this particular sample im using is similar to my other c2d so 4.05ghz 1.28v

Ram volts ive set at 2v

Fsb term/vtt ive set to max offset (idk the exact volt, maybe if i find the ic that controls this volt)

I could use a p31 ds3l since its identical to this board and has a setting for nb but for some reason these things are as expensive as p5q boards ;-;

oh and my 1066 ddr2 isnt stable at 900mhz on this board so def nb

5 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Board is a g31m s2c

Cpu is a c2d e8400, this particular sample im using is similar to my other c2d so 4.05ghz 1.28v

Ram volts ive set at 2v

Fsb term/vtt ive set to max offset (idk the exact volt, maybe if i find the ic that controls this volt)

I could use a p31 ds3l since its identical to this board and has a setting for nb but for some reason these things are as expensive as p5q boards ;-;

oh and my 1066 ddr2 isnt stable at 900mhz on this board so def nb

Oh you can't unstrap the NB. So no multi adjustment and no NB core v adjustment is what you're saying.

Well, I'll point you in the right direction here. I'm not a big modder, done a couple of video cards and killed a board or two trying lol.

Start in this section and reg post your questions, maybe someone will help.

https://warp9-systems.proboards.com/board/5/volt-mods

11 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Oh you can't unstrap the NB. So no multi adjustment and no NB core v adjustment is what you're saying.

Im more talking about the vcore ajdustment

So is nb multi the fsb strap?

Or is it something different?

Cause on my p5q the nb volts go up to 2.2v but theres no option to adjust nb multi nor nb gtl

8 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Im more talking about the vcore ajdustment

So is nb multi the fsb strap?

Or is it something different?

Cause on my p5q the nb volts go up to 2.2v but theres no option to adjust nb multi nor nb gtl

No the strap is memory. 

NB you need the voltage. CPU core needs the voltage. I'd go 1.35 to 1.40v and probably a chiller might get you between 4.6 and 5ghz. Bucket of ice water and a pond pump is how I've jumped many oc hurdles XD.

Any how. I'm not a wiz at 775 if I'm to be honest. But if you seriously want to over clock, of course the P5Q so you can increase that Nb core voltage.

Hard mod, follow that link. Or search other OC forums, but you may not find one with active modders. Not sure. Maybe OCN.