Building small home theater UST

rkunati

My family is having a small home theater built. Our wall can take up to 175 inches, however the room is a 16 ft by 16ft square. I was wondering is there any projectors we could use that could display around 170 inches at 16 feet. Also, would you recommend in-wall speakers or not. Feel free to give me any other suggestions. 

39 minutes ago, rkunati said:

My family is having a small home theater built. Our wall can take up to 175 inches, however the room is a 16 ft by 16ft square. I was wondering is there any projectors we could use that could display around 170 inches at 16 feet. Also, would you recommend in-wall speakers or not. Feel free to give me any other suggestions. 

That sounds like a clock at various spec sheets thing.  There is regular throw, short throw, and ultra short throw (which can actually be right in front of the secret) 175in is a lot though. Even 100in isn’t small.  You may have an issue where you’re exceeding standard size.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I have a Cinemax P1.  This is an old pic from the day I was hooking up my RetroTink.

The UST is the black box on top of the entertainment stand (with the wii sensor bar on top).  The front edge sits 12" or so from the wall.  This is a 110" screen.

Fair warning, most UST are mfg spec limited to 120".  Some may go bigger, but I wouldn't recommend going over 150"--and that's pushing it.  170" is right out.

Speakers are a personal preference.  AFAIK, there are no acoustically transparent, UST ALR screens on the market.  Period.  I ended up getting some stands for my speakers (matching pairs front/rear).  The fronts sit just below the lower edge of the screen on L/R.  Cinemax P1 has a wonderful pass-through integration with its built-in sound-bar, so it essentially functions as a center channel for my 5.1 setup.

DSC_0110.JPG