Dell optiplex 3020 Power Supply

Redneck PC

Can someone suggest a Power-supply that is capable of 300watts or more? My issue is I have a video streaming computer (Dell OptiPlex 3020) that has a MSI GTX 1030 graphics card. Currently, my graphics card is only running on 225 watts and I would like to buy a new power-supply. The issue I have is the Dell OptiPlex 3020 has a small case (see image). So if you could please suggest a compact power supply please list the model or link?

Update: Here is Dell's data sheet. https://i.dell.com/sites/doccontent/shared-content/data-sheets/en/Documents/CSG-EN-XX-ALL-Optiplex-3020-Spec-Sheet.pdf I do not there is a 290 Watt power-supply but looking for 300watt+

71KoDYXklZL._AC_SS450_.jpg

Just now, Redneck PC said:

ly, my graphics card is only running on 225 watts

what? so is the gpu using 250watts? that isn ot possible it can only use 75w tops. 

also you are fine with that psu

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

a 225w psu is more than plenty for this system with a 1030. Is it having shutdown problems?

Nope, it runs and works fine on benchmarks/stress test. But I'm only hitting half the Passmark grade for a GTX 1030. I checked nvidia and it suggest a 300Watt power supply so my idea was the graphics card was throttling due to power issues? 

Just now, Redneck PC said:

Nope, it runs and works fine on benchmarks/stress test. But I'm only hitting half the Passmark grade for a GTX 1030. I checked nvidia and it suggest a 300Watt power supply so my idea was the graphics card was throttling due to power issues? 

The psu won't be the issue. If you pull too much power it will just turn off.

Have you tried other benchmarks? What is the clock speed and temps?

GT 1030 is a 30w GPU. What's the problem? I'd built tons of GT 1030/ GTX 1050/1050 Ti's in Acer/Dell/HP/Lenovo with a 180/240w PSU and they all run flawless.

6 minutes ago, Redneck PC said:

mayby you have the DDR4 version of the 1030, which is much slower. PSU has nothing to do with gpu performance in general

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

The psu won't be the issue. If you pull too much power it will just turn off.

Have you tried other benchmarks? What is the clock speed and temps?

CPU and GPU temps never reach more then 60 degrees. I tested with case off and fan blowing on. All fans working. I also had set in the Nvidia settings and default Windows 10 power to all max (e.g., no power saving). 

Just now, --SID-- said:

You mean DDR4?

yeah, typo

1 minute ago, SavageNeo said:

mayby you have the DDR3 version of the 1030, which is much slower. PSU has nothing to do with gpu performance in general

This is the exact amazon url I bought from. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07D9MQDP4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It says DDR4 but I will check at home if I had been scammed. 

1 minute ago, Redneck PC said:

This is the exact amazon url I bought from. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07D9MQDP4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It says DDR4 but I will check at home if I had been scammed. 

yeah it says GDDR4, but its eiehter GDDR 5 or DDR4, but seeing that mem interface is only  64bit means that you have the ddr4 version which is much worse

1 minute ago, --SID-- said:

Scammed by who, youself because you bought a DDR4 version?

If it's DDR4 the Passmark score is correct. GDDR5 version performs much better.

So, orgiinal poster had an error and corrected from DDR3 to DDR5. I think the solution has been resolved. I did not know there were 1030 DDR5. I didn't even know DDR5 Ram existed yet. 

4 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

64bit means that you have the ddr4 version which is much worse

Also the GDDR5 version is 64bit.

3 minutes ago, Redneck PC said:

I didn't even know DDR5 Ram existed yet. 

It's VRAM. GDDR5 exists for over 10 years.

8 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Also the GDDR5 version is 64bit.

It's VRAM. GDDR5 exists for over 10 years.

Well I've been using a mac for almost 10 years. This is the first computer with a graphics card (other then intel) I've had in that time period. I was going to build a gaming computer but due to the whole chip price I'm waiting for it to calm down.