3070 Ti for 1300USD?

Brilew

Hey guys, I currently have a GTX 1080 that I had for the past 4-5 years or so. It has finally started to show some artifacting issues which made it impossible to overclock it and get that extra performance on heavy games like MSFS, Hunt Showdown etc. I now run it a bit underclocked and experience no real artifacting issues w/ it.For context, I live in Brazil and things are highly taxed, so getting USA-level deals over here is next to impossible. Whilst contemplating an upgrade to my PC I went to search up some GPU's and found a 3070 Ti for 1300USD. I know that is every price is inflated due to the outage and imo they won't go down anytime soon. That being said, given current prices is it worth the money for the performance it brings? For reference, here are some other gpu prices I've found on brazilian marketplaces so there's a bit of context as to the pricing levels over here. Thanks guys.

Palit NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 StormX  - 920 USD

Palit NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 GamingPro LHR - 1334 USD

Palit NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 GamingPro - 2039 USD

Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti TRINITY LHR - 1311 USD

Edit: forgot to add that I currently have a 144hz 1080p monitor, so I'm not looking to game in4k or whatever.

why is the 3070 ti cheaper than the 3070....

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

I got my 3070Ti for 1300 CAD from Memory Express a couple of weeks ago. That includes tax and a 750w Supernova that I didn't need.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

7 minutes ago, adarw said:

why is the 3070 ti cheaper than the 3070....

Honestly have no idea. 

Gainward GeForce RTX 3070 Phoenix - 1307 USD

Found this one on another site, then again I have never heard of these aftermarket brands like Phoenix or Palit. 

1 hour ago, Brilew said:

Honestly have no idea. 

Gainward GeForce RTX 3070 Phoenix - 1307 USD

Found this one on another site, then again I have never heard of these aftermarket brands like Phoenix or Palit. 

Palit have been around for years. They are one of the cheaper manufactures, but I haven't heard anything bad about them. Phoenix is new to me, though.

Edit: The manufacturer is Gainward, not Phoenix. Again, like Palit, been around for years.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

Palit have been around for years. They are one of the cheaper manufactures, but I haven't heard anything bad about them. Phoenix is new to me, though.

Given my situation would you go for the Zotac 3070 Ti? I've heard some bad reviews of the 3070 Ti but idk if they refer strictly to perf/price, in which case wouldn't invalidate my purchase given the other GPU prices.

5 minutes ago, Sir_Zeke said:

Insane price, would never pay that for GPU of this class. Please wait for price to come down and don't get scam.

Yeah I get where you're coming from. Do you think they'll ever come down though? Seems that the mining craze doesn't show signs of stopping unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Brilew said:

Given my situation would you go for the Zotac 3070 Ti? I've heard some bad reviews of the 3070 Ti but idk if they refer strictly to perf/price, in which case wouldn't invalidate my purchase given the other GPU prices.

Yeah, the negative reviews was due to the modest performance bump for a large bump in MSRP. If it's cheaper, it's a no-brainer over the 3070.

1 minute ago, Brilew said:

Yeah I get where you're coming from. Do you think they'll ever come down though? Seems that the mining craze doesn't show signs of stopping unfortunately.

It's not just mining, it's the chip shortage too. The scarcity and prices could continue for another 12 months, maybe even 18.

Yeah fair enough. I'm starting to think that's the best price I'll get though. Vendors probably get these cards for MSRP and importing fees (around 60% of the product's value) make them expensive, which leads me to believe that prices won't get better over here even if they do get better in the US. 

A day or two before I bought my card I was considering spending a couple of hundred more on a 6700XT from newegg. Worth it or not I needed a new card.. the coming months should be interesting. If I see my card going for twice what I paid I will have to flip it 😀

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

You have to go with your own feelings on this one imo. 

If you compare it to the prices from before the inflation, it's not worth the money. Throw in another 100$ and you have the recommended price of a 3080ti which is way better. 

The recommended price of a 3080 is like 400$ less and it's still much better than a 3070ti, but imo recommended prices are a distant dream atm.

It's clear the inflation is nowhere near it's end and possibly hasn't reached the peak yet since I see the prices still rising.

So it depends on your needs, does the 1080 limit you? Aren't you enjoying those games anymore and have some spare money? Go for it, 3070ti is like a 50-60% upgrade in performance which is quite nice. If you're still fine playing on your 1080, then wait and see what happens. 

3 hours ago, Setesh45 said:

You have to go with your own feelings on this one imo. 

If you compare it to the prices from before the inflation, it's not worth the money. Throw in another 100$ and you have the recommended price of a 3080ti which is way better. 

The recommended price of a 3080 is like 400$ less and it's still much better than a 3070ti, but imo recommended prices are a distant dream atm.

It's clear the inflation is nowhere near it's end and possibly hasn't reached the peak yet since I see the prices still rising.

So it depends on your needs, does the 1080 limit you? Aren't you enjoying those games anymore and have some spare money? Go for it, 3070ti is like a 50-60% upgrade in performance which is quite nice. If you're still fine playing on your 1080, then wait and see what happens. 

Yeah the 1080 is fine for light games like csgo etc. But whenever I wanna play something heavier I'll be met with crashes, low performace, and/or artifacts.

I'd wait which is what I'm doing. There's no way I'm paying more than double the MSRP.