Apple and motorcycles going through a bumpy breakup - hearts and cameras broken

Jtalk4456
2 hours ago, duncannah said:

This and yet they showed a delivery person聽mounting an iPhone 13聽onto a motorcycle on their event today...聽馃

image.thumb.png.7d51381123479f2c803d459fe3550e67.png

Now that is hilarious! Now how long before they get sued for broken phones and their lawyers try and scub the commercial from the internet?

3 hours ago, SlidewaysZ said:

Now that is hilarious! Now how long before they get sued for broken phones and their lawyers try and scub the commercial from the internet?

Apple must've did that on purpose just to show anyone with a bike has to upgrade to a iPhone 13!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

This was my first thought. Dude mounting smartphone on a handle bar lol

On 9/12/2021 at 3:00 AM, Blademaster91 said:

I don't ride motorcycles, but I think it makes sense as you can use the phone as a GPS, and aren't risking the phone falling out of your pocket while riding.

IMO hardware image stabilization is a real drawback if it can be broken so easily, I think the phone should be able to detect that much vibration and disable image stabilization to avoid damaging the camera.

It isn't "broken so easily". Strapping the phone to the handlebar of your motorcycle is a pretty rare thing and simply not something the phone was designed to handle.

Sure, if you are in the minority of people who do it then it can seem like a big deal, but the truth of the matter is that for like 90% of iPhone users, this won't be an issue, so it's an acceptable compromise in Apple's (and my) opinion.聽

If I had to pick between OIS and being motorcycle proof, then I'd choose OIS every single time, and most people would probably do that too.

On 9/12/2021 at 3:21 AM, Jtalk4456 said:

yeah i figure it's got a gyroscope and should be able to tell pretty easy and shut itself down

This isn't something you can just turn off. IOS is already off when the camera isn't in use. It's that the sensor itself is loose inside the phone. It has to be loose inside the phone because OIS works by having the sensor move around to counter shaky hands. If it wasn't able to shake around inside the phone, then it wouldn't be able to compensate hand shakes.

Too much vibrations on a small, loose component = a bad time.

It's quite simple really. If you want OIS, then the sensor inside the phone must be loose so that it can move around.

If the sensor inside a phone can move around, then very long periods of violent shaking will most likely damage the sensor.

If you got a phone with OIS, like my Galaxy S10, you can actually hear the sensor rattling about inside the phone if you shake it. Here is the video where MKBHD first discovered that OIS phones rattle, although he incorrectly attributed it to the phones having large sensors.

18 hours ago, duncannah said:

This and yet they showed a delivery person聽mounting an iPhone 13聽onto a motorcycle on their event today...聽馃

image.thumb.png.7d51381123479f2c803d459fe3550e67.png

Of course also without a case. Now this is seriously such a self-own

LINK->聽Kurald Galain:聽 The Night Eternal

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU:聽i7-5820k //聽GPU:聽SLIMSI 980ti Gaming 6G //Cooling:Full Custom WC //Mobo:ASUS X99 Sabertooth //聽Ram:32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport //Boot SSD:Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB 聽//聽PSU:EVGA Supernova 850G2 //聽Case:Fractal Design Define S Windowed //OS:聽Windows 10 //聽Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma聽//聽Keyboard:聽Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset:Senn RS185聽//聽Monitor:ASUS PG348Q //聽Devices:Note 10+聽- Surface Book 2 15"

LINK->聽Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU:聽Xeon E3-1231v3聽聽//Cooling:Noctua L9x65聽//Mobo:AsRock E3C224D2I聽//聽Ram:16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB聽聽//聽PSU:EVGA聽650GQ聽//聽Case:Fractal Design Node 304聽//OS:聽FreeNAS

seems like iPhones aren't rugged enough?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE庐 LPXDDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 Case: Antec P8 聽 聽 PSU:聽Corsair RM850x 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168聽GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

10 hours ago, LAwLz said:

If you want OIS, then the sensor inside the phone must be loose so that it can move around.

But that doesnt mean it cannot have a position where it will get safely locked while not in use. Guess they had to save that cent so they wont loose any of their already ludicrous margin....

my question with all this is still the timing. The tech in question has been there for a while so why are they just now putting out a warning about this?

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

11 hours ago, LAwLz said:

If you got a phone with OIS, like my Galaxy S10, you can actually hear the sensor rattling about inside the phone if you shake it.

Actually what you hear is the lens shifting. Only the iPhone currently sifts the sensor.聽

My Folding Stats聽-聽Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING!聽- If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it.聽

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w聽
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240