Are pre built system's spare parts, like from dell vostro desktops, better than self assambled parts(I mean motherboard and cabinet)?

Budget (including currency): 200 US $/ 15000 INR

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: programming and graphics designing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

2 years ago, I built a system with Gigabye b360 gaming-hd and i5 8400(3xxx ryzen were not available at that time in India). Last month, the motherboard just died. GIgabyte refused to replace it under the warranty because the heatsink on the chipset had some minor scratches on the paint. Now I have the I5 8400 and other components like RAM, SSD, and an very old rusted cabinet. THe sellers are asking 8000 INR for  new ASUS B365 motherboard and 12000 INR for old Dell Vostro spare with intel 8th Gen supported motherboard, PSU, and the vostro cabinet with no warranty. Should I go for the Dell one? Or the ASUS one? Please help

Are pre built system's spare parts, like from dell vostro desktops, better

No. If anything, the opposite. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, Middcore said:

No. If anything, the opposite. 

You mean the motherboards from ASUS/Gigabyte/MSI are better than motherboards made by Dell?

1 minute ago, Parvesh Khatri said:

You mean the motherboards from ASUS/Gigabyte/MSI are better than motherboards made by Dell?

Some are. Not all.

Motherboards in mass-produced prebuilts by Dell, HP, etc. are typically produced as cheaply as possible with as many corners cut as possible to do the bare minimum needed for service as office machines, knowing that 99% will never do anything more intensive than web-browsing and spreadsheet and never be upgraded because the company using them will just swap in something slightly more up to date when the lease runs out.

On top of that they frequently use non-standard, proprietary connectors for things like the front panel, CPU power, etc. that makes them incompatible with other components without adapters or modification.

There is no reason to use a motherboard from an office prebuilt like you're describing unless you can get it for very cheap or you have no other choice. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Some are. Not all.

Motherboards in mass-produced prebuilts by Dell, HP, etc. are typically produced as cheaply as possible with as many corners cut as possible to do the bare minimum needed for service as office machines, knowing that 99% will never do anything more intensive than web-browsing and spreadsheet and never be upgraded because the company using them will just swap in something slightly more up to date when the lease runs out.

On top of that they frequently use non-standard, proprietary connectors for things like the front panel, CPU power, etc. that makes them incompatible with other components without adapters or modification.

There is no reason to use a motherboard from an office prebuilt like you're describing unless you can get it for very cheap or you have no other choice. 

I agree

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Dell doesn't make mobos.  They get them from others, like Foxconn.   Their PSUs are usually Deltas or Liteons.   The mobo is going to have less features, far worse vrms, etc.

But they design them. I thought Dell uses quality parts in their motherboards 😛

28 minutes ago, Parvesh Khatri said:

I thought Dell uses quality parts in their motherboards 😛

They use parts with sufficient quality to meet the very limited requirements and expectations of the market they're aimed at. No more.