In need for a cheap but powerful psu!

Edged

Hello guys, today at my small pc workshop my old 2004 300 watt PSU finally died and so I decided to get a new one for my test benches, I am not good with PSUs so if you can find one that is modular (or non modular i don’t really care as long as it works) and that can give around 650 or more watts it’d be great. I am in a low budget though. I currently have got only 40 to 50€ for it.

3 minutes ago, Edged said:

Hello guys, today at my small pc workshop my old 2004 300 watt PSU finally died and so I decided to get a new one for my test benches, I am not good with PSUs so if you can find one that is modular (or non modular i don’t really care as long as it works) and that can give around 650 or more watts it’d be great. I am in a low budget though. I currently have got only 40 to 50€ for it.

What are your PC specs and where to buy a PSU?

26 minutes ago, Edged said:

You can get a number of Zalman 700W models in your price range.

1 hour ago, AlliedVera said:

Of which most are crap and dumpsterfire units.

Op for that budget a mwe v2 bronze might work.

Such old system probably need a PSU with high 3,3v and 5v current. What motherboard and CPU is it?

Might as well go Ebay and search for name brands with same wattage as a cheap one and some might even still be under warrenty like evga has 10yr, i found a brand new 1300w evga on amazon for 200

On 9/7/2021 at 12:55 PM, IIIIIIIIII said:

What are your PC specs and where to buy a PSU?

Well the pc specs may vary since it’s a test bench but in general they are old components. But I don’t wanna run short! 

On 9/7/2021 at 4:18 AM, AlliedVera said:

Random comment of the week.

On 9/7/2021 at 3:52 AM, Edged said:

For benching old PCs, you might have to get something from eBay. Even the cheapest FSP PSUs these days are using DC to DC for the +3.3V and +5V that may only output 16A each.

Something like a FSP300-60PFN should work nicely.

3 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Even the cheapest FSP PSUs these days are using DC to DC for the +3.3V and +5V that may only output 16A each.

Does this have anything to do with Intel guidelines? It seems that many companies are updating their units to include at least DC to DC 😛

Just now, IIIIIIIIII said:

Does this have anything to do with Intel guidelines? It seems that many companies are updating their units to include at least DC to DC 😛

Yeah.  I'm sure they switched gears when C6 sleep states became a thing.