EVGA RTX 3060 XC running super hot

faraz

Hey, I just got EVGA RTX 3060 XC skew P5-3657-KB. While gaming it was running at around 84C so I adjusted the fan curve and now it is hovering around 80C with 100% fan speed. Downloaded "GPU-Z" and it shows that the hotspot when gaming is 96-98C. My case is well ventilated and have not had any issues with my previous card. My main concern is the hotspot temp. Is it too hot or are hotspots meant to be this hot?

full specs?

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

32 minutes ago, mahyar said:

full specs?

ryzen 3600 with coolermaster MA-620p cooler, gigabyte aorus b450 elite, coolermaster MB-520 case with 3 thermaltake riing fan intakes

34 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Maybe repaste the gpu with a decent paste like arctic mx4/5 or kryonaut making sure to cover the entire gpu die with thermal paste

Never really done anything like that so I am afraid of doing it and if I have to replace the thermalpads I wont be able to find em in here.

I have the exact same card (xc with backplate) and my temps were higher than reviews of the card were reporting, 78c with a hot spot @ 94c. I have more than decent air flow in my case Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh ARGB with added rear fan and rear top fan. Broke down and tore the card down and the thermal paste spread over the die was almost nonexistent, which was odd because they silkscreened the stock pasted on the cooler. Repasted with mx4 and brought my temps down to 72c 87 hot spot gpu fan rpm 2200 even with case fans set to silent profile. All the temps I posted are with the gpu fan unaltered (vbios auto mode) room ambient 21-22c. I would say there is defiantly something wrong with the temps you posted. If you have decent air flow in your case there is defiantly something going on with your card unless your ambient temps are extremely high. Could void your warranty taking the cooler off if you go that route.

54 minutes ago, Anon3775 said:

I have the exact same card (xc with backplate) and my temps were higher than reviews of the card were reporting, 78c with a hot spot @ 94c. I have more than decent air flow in my case Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh ARGB with added rear fan and rear top fan. Broke down and tore the card down and the thermal paste spread over the die was almost nonexistent, which was odd because they silkscreened the stock pasted on the cooler. Repasted with mx4 and brought my temps down to 72c 87 hot spot gpu fan rpm 2200 even with case fans set to silent profile. All the temps I posted are with the gpu fan unaltered (vbios auto mode) room ambient 21-22c. I would say there is defiantly something wrong with the temps you posted. If you have decent air flow in your case there is defiantly something going on with your card unless your ambient temps are extremely high. Could void your warranty taking the cooler off if you go that route.

ambient here is around ~35C. I think it is the thermal paste as well. Thanks for the info

7 minutes ago, faraz said:

ambient here is around ~35C. I think it is the thermal paste as well. Thanks for the info

If you ambient temps are that high, your reported temps could be inline. I mean your saying your room temps are 13-14 degree's higher then what my temps are reported in. so 84c sounds about right.

57 minutes ago, Anon3775 said:

If you ambient temps are that high, your reported temps could be inline. I mean your saying your room temps are 13-14 degree's higher then what my temps are reported in. so 84c sounds about right.

yeah even if we assume the ambient to be 30C since it is a bit cooler today I think temps check out here. Thanks