System Specs:
CPU - Ryzen 3 3300X
GPU - RX 570 8GB
RAM - 16GB 3200MHz CL16
PSU - 635W 80+ Bronze
Mobo - Gigabyte B450-I Pro WiFi
SSD - 500GB WD Blue / 480GB Generic

HDD - 750GB Toshiba 7200rpm

I play some video games on my main 1440p 75Hz monitor which uses basically 98% of my GPU, I also try to pop on a youtube video on my second 1080p 75Hz monitor. At any resolution the video stutters and freezes in till I focus on the window. Is there anything could do to fix this issue? I use the Brave browser (chromium), and the problem persists on other browsers. I've also played with other settings like hardware acceleration. 

Experiment with switching your games between Fullscreen and (borderless) windowed mode.

These issues are why I run my two other displays on Plugable USB video adapters.

Just now, Shimejii said:

It will just happen with certain games. Even with a 1080ti and a 3800x it happens to me with certain games. Once gpu Utilization goes past a certain point, your not going to be able to play and watch vids.

It happens with any combination of video game and video

Open up task manager and see how much memory you are using. With only 16GB of RAM you could very easily max out on memory between a game and a web browser especially with Youtube in the background and more so with multiple tabs open.

This doesn't even touch how much background stuff you might have running that also chips away at your total available memory.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

20 minutes ago, Hybris5112 said:

Open up task manager and see how much memory you are using. With only 16GB of RAM you could very easily max out on memory between a game and a web browser especially with Youtube in the background and more so with multiple tabs open.

This doesn't even touch how much background stuff you might have running that also chips away at your total available memory.

49% usage, or 8GB worth. 360p with a 1440p game.

I don't have a lot of experience with multi-monitor setups but since its a issue that only happens with certain games the best theory that I can come up with is that these games that are causing stuttering are either poorly optimized as far as GPU usage goes or use the GPU differently or it could be how the GPU drivers interact with those particular titles.

The GPU either prioritizes the game or gets bogged down trying to handle the game load and before getting around to processing the video display demand on the second monitor IE the youtube video thus causing stuttering until you shift focus and allow the GPU to worry first about the video over the game.

As for a solution I can't say for certain but if you were to start throwing money at the problem it would be to get two matching models of 1440p monitors to eliminate any variables coming from monitor hardware then it would be a matter of increasing your system resources (More memory, faster processor, better GPU) until both game and browser should have enough resources to grab for that there isn't any fighting or delay.

Beyond that I can't say if there is a different solution unless this turns out to be a video driver or game patch type situation.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."