Astro A50 Gen4 Headset Xbox or PS version?

Soupladel

i currently have a set of Gen 2 A50s that the battery is currently failing on, so i am looking at replacements.

I had bought a set of Arctis Wireless Pro but returned them immediately as they were too small for my head and my ears didnt fit the cups, then add into the mix that i thought the sound quality was quite underwhelming.  So I have turned my attention back to the newer versions of the Astros, i have credit with Amazon (i am in the UK) to buy a new set but they don'y currently have the PS specific version of the A50s but hey do have the Xbox version.

I know in the past there was no difference physically in the headsets other than cosmetic, but is that still the case? Astro seem to go to great lengths to highlight that they arent compatible but i wonder just what that incompatibility is?

I am currently using the old A50s connected direct to my PS5 with the optical being fed by my TV which works well and i dont want to wait for weeks just for a box that says "compatible with PS4" if the xbox ones will do the same thing.  That being said i am thinking there might be a firmware difference between the two and the xbox set might not be recognised on the PS?