Razer Blader 14 RTX 3080 Display Problems with Netflix

adurx

Hi there, 

I am new to this forum, therefore I hope this is the right subforum to post this in!

I recently bought a Razer Blade 14 with an RTX 3080. Overall I am happy, but there are several problems that I am not sure come from the laptop or my setup.

The problem is the following: I have two external monitors connected to the Blade, which has one full HDMI port and two USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C with Power Delivery and Display Port 1.4. Now, I have connected one monitor through the HDMI port directly to the blade, while the other is driven over one of the USB-C ports using a small USB-C dongle which has an HDMI port. 

Weirdly though, this works fine in EVERY case, no matter if I am programming, browsing, watching youtube, or gaming, except for Netflix!  

Whenever I have a Monitor connected via the USB-C port (and therefore also the USB-C to HDMI adapter) and I open Netflix either in browser (doesn't matter which one) or the official windows 10 app, the system becomes totally unresponsive and starts stuttering as soon as the netflix previews start. Meanwhile, the monitor connected via USB-C disconnects and reconnects until I have it plugged out of the Blade. Sometimes it is sufficient to simply close Netflix, but most of the time this won't stop the stuttering, thus having to disconnect it from the Blade. 

Now one may say this has to do with the adapter, but I have tested the same setup on a Dell Latitude 5500 (also connected the monitor via usb-c) and everything, including netflix, works just fine. 

I have also tested a direct usb-c to usb-c connection from my Blade to another monitor (with a usb c port). Netflix also works totally fine this way.

I have the latest windows updates installed, removed all graphics drivers using DDU, reinstalled the latest version, updated the AMD Chipset drivers and the BIOS. 

My question now is if there might be problems with connecting a monitor via HDMI (using the USB-C to HDMI adapter) to one of these display port capable USB-C ports, or if it is possible that the stuttering and problems with netflix might originate from this?

Any help is really appreciated!

Cheers, 

Anton