Aio pump noticeable, new aio or an air cooler ?

gasolin

I have Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB, noticed today that the pump in top of my full tower case is audible

I have run the pump at max speed all the time but now i have noticed the pump, although i have to listen less then a feet 30 cm to here it, i know it's there

No way to adjust the pump and it doesn't sound like air, it cools my i7 10700 kf fine, at 4.8ghz since it wasn't 100% stable at 5ghz on all cores, i now get a little less heat 

Should i try a diffrent aio to get the ultimate silent aio or an air cooler ?

Cpu air cooler scythe,be quiet or a 3 option ?  

I have Arctic P14 pwm case fans on low rpm, a titanium psu where i never hear the fan and  a PowerColor Radeon RX 6700 XT Red Devil, according to techpowerup 28db loud  when gaming

In occt test i get an avarage of just under 80c with 4.8ghz and 1.220 volt, i would like to stay under 80 c

I have a ML R RGB and the pump cant rly be heard over fans running normal speed 1600RPM ish.. how old is the unit?

You can adjust the speed by jusing bios / MB software just like a fan

the aio is from 2021, just a few uears old and no as i wrote i can't adjust the pump  speed

3 minutes ago, gasolin said:

the aio is from 2021, just a few uears old and no as i wrote i can't adjust the pump  speed

you can adjust the speed on every pump, very strange that i do it with mine and i have the same unit

On some corsair aio's and a kraken x63 you also can't adjust the pump speed, if you can it's only on silent on the ktraken aio with a few 100 rpm (silent)

1 minute ago, gasolin said:

On some corsair aio's you also can't adjust the pump speed

Its doable on corsair too.. How do adjust the speed on a 3pin fan? 

22 minutes ago, NorKris said:

image.png.42eb11f4f2a6a76b2008602d7e42d8af.pngThis is the connector on a ML R RGB.. its 3 pins, what u on about?

why would i use that ? As i remember the cabel to the pump is 4 pin

5 minutes ago, gasolin said:

why would i use that ? As i remember the cabel to the pump is 4 pin

why would u use the power cable? well to power the pump

oh i see 3 pin connector to the pump, i still don't use 3 pin fans and some corsair aiso you can't adjust the pump as well as the kraken x63

17 minutes ago, gasolin said:

oh i see 3 pin connector to the pump, i still don't use 3 pin fans and some corsair aiso you can't adjust the pump as well as the kraken x63

ok ok  but you can adjust the speed of the pump

Now i can, despite haveing used it for a few month now without  noticing the nopice an  d having it for some reason on pwm, mabye it waqs to slow to change rpm from 0 rom on dc i might have tought it didn't work, i have had on pwm. No sound at all i can her the pump from 2 feet distance and knowing it's audible it's harder to ignore it (slightly ocd on the other hand im fine with the coiulwhine from my gpu in some loading scenes in project cvars with alot of fps because when playiung i don't hear any coilwhine)

Before i figured that out i ordered a few sec before dealine a be quiet dark rock 3 (thought the Noctua NH-U14S was top expensive from the place i could buy it from with delivery tomorrow, sunday), i also wanted to buy a second fan, the one i bought has the new fan but said 1600 rpm, there isn't any Shadow Wings 2 120mm PWM high-speed1600 rpm fan i could buy, only the shadow rock 3 has a  Shadow Wings 2 120mm PWM high-speed 1600rpm fan, later i found out have Arctic P12 pwm pst co fans on my aio.

If the noise from the pump has gotten louder within a few month i don't know but seem to focus a little more on it now, adjusting the pump speed didn't do anything for the sound of the pump.

The dark rock 3 is surprisingly close to the much more expensive Noctua Nh-D15s and NH U12A, a sewcond fan ans it should be a effecient as the noctua Nh-U12A and scythe fuma 2 (the be quiet fan is also a newer version thna the one i know), i som test on apair with the Corsair H100I Pro,Corsair h150i PRO scythe ninja 5, Noctua NH-U12S, in stock AIDA64 i beat th Noctua NH-U12A by 1c and same temsp as the dual and single fan Noctua NH-D15 

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/be-quiet-shadow-rock-3/6.html

8 minutes ago, gasolin said:

Now i can, despite haveing used it for a few month now without  noticing the nopice an  d having it for some reason on pwm, mabye it waqs to slow to change rpm from 0 rom on dc i might have tought it didn't work, i have had on pwm. No sound at all i can her the pump from 2 feet distance and knowing it's audible it's harder to ignore it (slightly ocd on the other hand im fine with the coiulwhine from my gpu in some loading scenes in project cvars with alot of fps because when playiung i don't hear any coilwhine)

Before i figured that out i ordered a few sec before dealine a be quiet dark rock 3 (thought the Noctua NH-U14S was top expensive from the place i could buy it from with delivery tomorrow, sunday), i also wanted to buy a second fan, the one i bought has the new fan but said 1600 rpm, there isn't any Shadow Wings 2 120mm PWM high-speed1600 rpm fan i could buy, only the shadow rock 3 has a  Shadow Wings 2 120mm PWM high-speed 1600rpm fan, later i found out have Arctic P12 pwm pst co fans on my aio.

If the noise from the pump has gotten louder within a few month i don't know but seem to focus a little more on it now, adjusting the pump speed didn't do anything for the sound of the pump.

The dark rock 3 is surprisingly close to the much more expensive Noctua Nh-D15s and NH U12A, a sewcond fan ans it should be a effecient as the noctua Nh-U12A and scythe fuma 2 (the be quiet fan is also a newer version thna the one i know), i som test on apair with the Corsair H100I Pro,Corsair h150i PRO scythe ninja 5, Noctua NH-U12S, in stock AIDA64 i beat th Noctua NH-U12A by 1c and same temsp as the dual and single fan Noctua NH-D15 

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/be-quiet-shadow-rock-3/6.html

remember when i asked u how you would change the speed on a 3pin fan?

and you said: In the bios

yeep thats how

well i don't use 3 pin fans 😉 i use pwm fans

4 minutes ago, gasolin said:

well i don't use 3 pin fans 😉 i use pwm fans

WOW. ok lets go ABC mode.
When a fan OR pump has 2 or 3 pins (not 4(pwm) you need to use voltage to control the speed. 
A fan on 6v will run about 50% of its speed. a Pump on 6v will run about 50% of its speed.
puting a Fan curve in bios OR MB software to 50% will make a Fan OR a pump run 50%

i would recommend 80% btw.. 

(this applies to corsair pumps, nzxt pumps, CM...)