Micro stuttering on all games, videos, even while typing

Hello all,

I've built a pc recently (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8VnX4d) and encountered some severe micro stutter issues. I see this happening on all games and application. It happened as I typed this post where my monitor would freeze for like 0.5 sec and
return to normal.

I've tried a bunch of solutions to get rid of this issue but so far nothing worked. Here's a list of things I tried:

-reinstall windows/ updated windows
-updated all drivers including chipset, mobo, gpu, wifi drivers
-using maximum power settings -reduce polling rate of mouse
-tested with different monitors , lower settings etc
-turning gsync on/off
-turning nvidia control panel triple buffering/ vsync on and off
-using RIVA tuner to monitor whats going on when FPS drops
  • I can post logs on request. I am not proficient at looking at logs sadly
-replaced Mobo, SSD, RAM, CPU
-RMA'd my GPU to MSI RMA department [had to pay for shipping :/]
  • they said something about replacing an electrical component of my gpu but the stuttering remains

At this point, I am frustrated and I don't really know what to do. Should I RMA my GPU again, try to get a refund and hopefully find another GPU? Should I return everything and buy a pre-built?
Is it even my GPU's fault? I really don't know what to do anymore. If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here are some sample stutter moments in Valorant. But this happens everywhere, even while typing a post on reddit.

14 minutes ago, theamazingtik said:
Hello all,

I've built a pc recently (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8VnX4d) and encountered some severe micro stutter issues. I see this happening on all games and application. It happened as I typed this post where my monitor would freeze for like 0.5 sec and
return to normal.

I've tried a bunch of solutions to get rid of this issue but so far nothing worked. Here's a list of things I tried:

-reinstall windows/ updated windows
-updated all drivers including chipset, mobo, gpu, wifi drivers
-using maximum power settings -reduce polling rate of mouse
-tested with different monitors , lower settings etc
-turning gsync on/off
-turning nvidia control panel triple buffering/ vsync on and off
-using RIVA tuner to monitor whats going on when FPS drops
  • I can post logs on request. I am not proficient at looking at logs sadly
-replaced Mobo, SSD, RAM, CPU
-RMA'd my GPU to MSI RMA department [had to pay for shipping :/]
  • they said something about replacing an electrical component of my gpu but the stuttering remains

At this point, I am frustrated and I don't really know what to do. Should I RMA my GPU again, try to get a refund and hopefully find another GPU? Should I return everything and buy a pre-built?
Is it even my GPU's fault? I really don't know what to do anymore. If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here are some sample stutter moments in Valorant. But this happens everywhere, even while typing a post on reddit.

i think if it was a gpu issue you'd experience much worse problems like artifacts and whatnot but you said you tried replacing mobo ssd ram and cpu so you've pretty much called off the possibility of it being these stuff, i wouldnt say its a psu issue as those also cause much worse symptoms like pc booting off . id say before replacing gpu, try seeing if you can try another one. go to any pc store and ask if you can test any somewhat decent gpu to see if it causes the same issue

1 hour ago, theamazingtik said:

tested with different monitors ,

And did u test with 1 monitor only too?

using RIVA tuner to monitor whats going on when FPS drops

So what was going on? Usually something should be visible, frequencies,  temps, usage... anything?

try to get a refund

Yes, actually.  I mean we don't know but gpu seems the likely  culprit  here, as its already been  "repaired". I mean do you have any proof they did what they said, pictures, or did they sent you the "failed" part?

I would either try to get a "new" item or a refund for sure. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

7 hours ago, InfernalClaw said:

i think if it was a gpu issue you'd experience much worse problems like artifacts and whatnot but you said you tried replacing mobo ssd ram and cpu so you've pretty much called off the possibility of it being these stuff, i wouldnt say its a psu issue as those also cause much worse symptoms like pc booting off . id say before replacing gpu, try seeing if you can try another one. go to any pc store and ask if you can test any somewhat decent gpu to see if it causes the same issue

I can use my gf's gpu but its a little on the lower end. will keep u posted

6 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

And did u test with 1 monitor only too?

So what was going on? Usually something should be visible, frequencies,  temps, usage... anything?

Yes, actually.  I mean we don't know but gpu seems the likely  culprit  here, as its already been  "repaired". I mean do you have any proof they did what they said, pictures, or did they sent you the "failed" part?

I would either try to get a "new" item or a refund for sure. 

I did test with one monitor, to no avail.
I tried to look at more stats last night and it seems like GPU power usage drops as fps drops? everything else looks consistent.
I do have plenty of proof from chats that mentions its been repaired.

On 8/25/2021 at 12:55 AM, InfernalClaw said:

tested out with another 3060, I still see a little stuttering but nowhere as bad as mine. when I benchmarked with Heaven using the 3060 on the other computer, they also had a little stuttering. so idk what it is really

16 hours ago, theamazingtik said:

tested out with another 3060, I still see a little stuttering but nowhere as bad as mine. when I benchmarked with Heaven using the 3060 on the other computer, they also had a little stuttering. so idk what it is really

could be just due to the 306o being less powerful than a 3070 ti and running at less frames(games run more stable at a lower framerate as far as i know)

just a random throw in,

1. Update bios

2. go into your bios and load default settings. 

2. do it nonetheless. 

3. (Optional) thinks you also could do, do you got bf 1 bf4 or bf5?

there is a command

perfoverlay.drawgraph 1 

it is. it shows you how long it takes to do a frame and how much the source CPU or GPU needed to do so. (left button corner) 

http://i.imgur.com/yL1uXpi.jpg

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.