Clickbait removal

Hello,

is there some say chrome extension for clickbait removal for you favourite sites or at least youtube?

I did see some on the store but IDK how effective they are or even if they are not potencially malicious.

So does something like that, that's safe and at least decently functional exist?

1 minute ago, Ergroilnin said:

Hello,

is there some say chrome extension for clickbait removal for you favourite sites or at least youtube?

I did see some on the store but IDK how effective they are or even if they are not potencially malicious.

So does something like that, that's safe and at least decently functional exist?

Right now, probably not. Instagram has a fact checker that aims to validate claims made on the platform. But I'm pretty sure it has to be manually flagged before its looked at, and I'm also fairly sure its a person who fact checks not a machine. The two big problems are context i.e am I making a obvious joke about how to cure covid, or am i claiming that something that wont, will cure covid. And secondary what do you define clickbait as, a lot of people would say anything that goes along the lines of "You wont believe what XX is up to these days". To which i could make an argument that it isn't technically clickbait. 

I recall there was some Chrome extension that would at least get rid of the stupid thumbnail pics by selecting a random frame from the middle of the video. But getting rid of the title of videos/articles would be a real challenge.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

30 minutes ago, Ergroilnin said:

Is there some say chrome extension for clickbait removal for you favourite sites or at least youtube?

There might exist one, or it might be possible to create one.
SponsorBlock is an extension that blocks the sponsor segments of videos, skipping them. They are submitted by the users and you can also upload your own when not available.

I assume a similar concept applied to clickbait might exist. But what qualifies as clickbait its pretty subjective compared to ads and sponsors, so even if it exists I don't think it will be very reliable

Aww that's a dissapointment.

Obviously what you all say is truth, there is no actual rule to what would be excluded, but it is still dissapointing to think there is not anything to help.

I mean titles like "you WOULD not believe THIS works" (just an example) would be obvious clickbait worthy titles (and sure, I get creators use them mostly because of the algorithms that propagate their vids, it is just that it is very annoying for me personally and I'd rather avoid even seeing them alltogether (not to mention them taking my screen space and mind space lol)

It's just that I hoped there would be some kind of AI trained extension or something like that, that actually kind of helps 🙂

But thank you for your time and answers anyway,

7 minutes ago, Ergroilnin said:

It's just that I hoped there would be some kind of AI trained extension or something like that, that actually kind of helps 🙂

I mean, AI can only output whatever you input into it, if I placed *every* title of every video you consider clickbait, it might work for you, but then a lot of people would still be seeing some different kind of clickbaity videos that are not within your set parameters.

I guess that some extension with a bunch of costomizable keywords and sliders that allow you to set a level of "acceptance" per word, so you still get videos with words like "BELIEVE" but an amount according to your tolerance.

Sounds like an interesting project to overtake, maybe someone gets inspired soon enough.

There could be some privacy concerns with this concept, if an AI can read the contents of your feed to remove the undesired videos, its reading it all and it could be harvested. But as long as its libre and open source, it should be fine

23 hours ago, Ergroilnin said:

Hello,

How would this even be possible? It would be both amazing and hilarious if it was but I don't think it'd be very effective.

no, but I have an extension that blocks channels / users with 1 simple click, its pretty awesome,  no more everyday "i lick elons boots" astronaut or everyday "im a pathologic lier" skeptic... also everyone who mentions "flat earthers" is insta block, because such a thing doesn't actually exist and tells me something seriously wrong about this person.  This already improved my yt experience 10 fold... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity